Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look for opinions on what your using and likes and dislikes. I bought a Plantronics 230 and it is not near loud enough for me. It was only like $15 shipped online. I bought it from a online site http://www.thriftycomputer.com/They have pretty good prices and was shipped fast. Well I am not going to cheap out again but don't want to spend $100 on one. I am looking at the Jawbone II for $65
Thanks for any input

·
3,591 Posts
i got nothing - but

i watched a lady while she was talking on her blue tooth get out of her car still talking walk into a store and left her phone in the car then lose signal and not know why.

it was amusing.

·
Registered
236 Posts
ok so what is the catch with that website? the jawbone 2 at bestbuy is still $129...they are selling most of those half price...are they refurbs?

·
Wheelin the HD
7,231 Posts
Jaw Bone for the win! :thumb: I bought one for my ex last Christmas, worked good, I have the Blue Parrot for when I am in my truck and that works excellent, I always had problems with not being able to hear with the cheap ones myself, and I bought a Jabbera on woot once and killed the battery the 2nd time I charged it.

·
Wasn't this attached?
4,125 Posts
I just got a Jawbone 2 and I'm pretty happy. It's nice when I'm in the JK in traffic shifting through the gears. I can hear great, and people on the other end say they can hear me good and they can't hear the background noise, so I guess it's doing what they claim it does.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
all bluetooth suck and look STUPID !
I used to and still agree they look stupid and hated when someone would walk by talking on it cause you think there talking to you. But after buying a touch screen phone and bumping key's while talking gets old. And the hands free while driving is nice.

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts
I drop/crush/scratch/step on/submerge every piece of electronics I own - I bought the MILSPEC Plantronics for like $60 (don't know the exact model, but water proof and shock proof). Quality is better than the cheapo Jabbra thing I bough last time, but still not perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts