Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Luther Wright and the Wrongs does a great cover of Pink Floyds "The Wall". The entire album. Except only, it's about an Amish boy venturing into the outside world. It's actually quite funny and good.

·
Mall Rated
1,568 Posts
New Found Road. I went to a bluegrass festival this past weekend in Marshall and heard them. Sound pretty good. My girlfriend is pretty big into bluegrass, she could probably list a shit load.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Del McCoury is good listening. I love bluegrass and I play the banjo. I played with this guy named Mike Munford a couple times when I lived in Maryland and he could pick the hell out of a 5 string. PM me and I can send you a few songs featuring his playing, if you want.

If anybody in SW Michigan wants to jam or knows of any jams, please let me know. I used to play 5 nights a week in Maryland, but there aren't nearly as many musicians around here as there are down there.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Greensky bluegrass is a good band out of kalamazoo. They have won the telluride bluegrass festival. Also like the freight hoppers, del mccoury, flatt and scrugs and many more. I can give you a good list if ya want.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
Del McCoury is good listening. I love bluegrass and I play the banjo. I played with this guy named Mike Munford a couple times when I lived in Maryland and he could pick the hell out of a 5 string. PM me and I can send you a few songs featuring his playing, if you want.

If anybody in SW Michigan wants to jam or knows of any jams, please let me know. I used to play 5 nights a week in Maryland, but there aren't nearly as many musicians around here as there are down there.
damn I wish you were closer I have always wanted to learn to play the banjo. I play guitar but trying to find someone to teach me banjo is a tall order

if you like folk/bluegrass I listen to folk alley via the internet and they have a great selection they play.

·
$9.00 vanilla malt
2,773 Posts
split lip rayfield = speed bluegrass

best ever

·
broken
5,093 Posts
search save the bluegrass it a album by iron horse or iron something! it takes a little getting use to but i realy dig it.

·
Mall Rated
1,568 Posts
search save the bluegrass it a album by iron horse or iron something! it takes a little getting use to but i realy dig it.

The Iron Horse also has a cd that us all Ozzy Osborne cover songs. Its not too bad either.

·
Registered
516 Posts
its not really bluegrass, but the tune is IMO but hank the third has some good country music

·
$9.00 vanilla malt
2,773 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts