Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Web Wheeling!
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, a dark blue XJ with a kayak rack on top. About 4.5 - 6 inches of lift and 33's. Driving down M-45 a little after 5

·
Rad Racing
67 Posts
That's me - just got home from hockey @ belknap, roads are pretty effen slippery right now downtown GR. I live in Marne just east of the Grand River, you must have seen me on my way home from work.

Here's the rig if this is what you're talking about.

Attachments

·
Web Wheeling!
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, that's the one. Good lookin' XJ. I'm surprised I haven't seen you around. What are you running for lift? I'm guessing around 5" and 33's?

·
Rad Racing
67 Posts
Right now it's at 4.5" with 33" bighorns. It's currently my DD, so it will probably stay there for now. What's the setup on yours? Looks like a very clean XJ from the pic.

·
Rad Racing
67 Posts
I had to trim the bejesus out of my fenders, and then with the older style Rusty's flares I had to do a fair amount of clearancing of those as well. Now with the sway bar disconnected it stuffs pretty well.

Attachments

·
Web Wheeling!
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, I saw your rustys flairs and figured you did a bunch of trimming. What gears are you running? I'm trying to decide if I want 4.56 or 4.10 gears when I move to 33's. I'm still running stock gears with my 32's

·
Rad Racing
67 Posts
I'm still running stock gearing as well. I plan to go to 4.56 with an Aussie in the front sometime this spring, because I know I'll eventually go bigger than 33s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts