Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the past few years I’ve been building a s10 blazer with a 2in body lift and a 6in ifs super lift. When I bought it in 2017-2018 it had a bad vortec 5.7 so instead of putting in a new 5.7 I replaced it with a 5.3 out of a 99 pick up backed with the ultimate ls fitech computer and trans programmer. After searching for hours on the right mounts, oil pan, intake, rad ect. I finally got it running and driving great still need to work out a few kinks here and there but soon enough I will be doing a solid axle swap with a D44 and a 14bolt in the back still need to get a full parts list and kick around the idea of doing a link set up or leaf set up I plan on daily driving and playing off road with this rig so if anyone has advice on what I plan on building I would love the advice

·
Registered
118 Posts
looks good. solid axle swap and some full leafs for mud.SAS and radius arms coilovers for go fast sand fun.
SAS dual triangle 4 link front and rear crawler box and 42s and bounce it off rocks
what would you like to do with it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks good. solid axle swap and some full leafs for mud.SAS and radius arms coilovers for go fast sand fun.
SAS dual triangle 4 link front and rear crawler box and 42s and bounce it off rocks
what would you like to do with it?
Plan to take it threw mild rock trails mud sand lots of pavement to go camping and wheeling in various states. Will be driven places and also trailered depending on what trails we plan on driving so I might just do a standard leaf setup but with softer springs for better ride max tire size of a 35 with some full width axles

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,455 Posts
Looks great.

Idea: I bought a pre-filter from outerwears for my air filter, works great to keep the big stuff off my filter.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
If your keeping it on smaller tires i would go with leafs in the front. When i bought my sas s10 it was on leafs and low for what it was. rode smooth and drove really well. just didnt like the approach angle for climbing up rocks and ledges. so i went with a 3 link in the front. leafs would be the easiest cheapest and fastest way to get out wheeling with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If your keeping it on smaller tires i would go with leafs in the front. When i bought my sas s10 it was on leafs and low for what it was. rode smooth and drove really well. just didnt like the approach angle for climbing up rocks and ledges. so i went with a 3 link in the front. leafs would be the easiest cheapest and fastest way to get out wheeling with it.
That is what I was thinking also. A good d44 with some good leafs a 14bolt in the back and 35s I’m not looking for a monster truck or anything just a good 4wd.

·
Gustafson
9,217 Posts
Koochman450r knows his stuff, he's been wheeling a blazer for a while now.

I like what you have done with yours so far. I look forward to seeing your continued progress! it makes me miss my Jimmy. :LOL:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts