Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am regrettably selling my offroading monster because I needed something with a bit better gas mileage (I now have a car, not interested in a trade). It is a black 95 Jeep Cherokee, 6-cylinder, 4X4, 33 inch tires, I believe it has a 6 inch lift. It's got lots of new parts; alternator, computer, spark plugs, radiator, starter, wheel bearings, ball joints, water pump. It has about 204,000 original miles, but the rebuilt engine has no more than 10,000 miles on it. It runs great, whenever I've had anything repaired on it, the mechanics are always surprised at how well it runs. It does not have carpet, it has rhino lining. It also has wheel well flares, a push bar on the front (with hooks for tow cables), and a spare tire mount on the back door. I also have a jack for lifted vehicles which is at my parents in Farmington Hills, but that is included, and I'll go get it once I've sold the jeep. The only problems to my knowledge are that it needs a new trackbar (about $125), the horn is broken (big deal...you don't really need a horn for offroading...), it has a small exhaust leak, it needs a new oil pan gasket, the back doors stick sometimes, it has no backseats because the guy I bought it from took them out to put camping and offroading gear in it (can be bought at a junk yard for pretty cheap because jeep cherokees are so common). It has been used for offroading, but I have never taken it offroading, I would have loved to, but I was afraid it would put too much wear and tear on it, and I couldn't risk that because it was the only vehicle I had. The hood's clear coat is wearing off. Also, in the winter, when you start it up the steering wheel is hard to move, so you just have to let it heat up for a few minutes and then it works fine. I took it in to have this fixed, but unfortunately everytime I did it wasn't cold enough for them to see what I was talking about. Anyway, due to the amount of repairs I've put into it, I'm asking $2,500 OBO for it. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Looks great! Any rust to speak of such as the floors or rockers? Can you provide any interior shots of it by chance?

·
Throw'in turtles........
2,365 Posts
A friend of mine is kinda looking to trade a lifted YJ for something like this if your interested PM me. I will give you his contact info.

·
89XJ, 95YJ, 04WJ
JT, WK2, 59 Willys Truck,
494 Posts
Have a 98 hyundai tiburon, 28 mpg I could trade for it straight up, 122 miles, runs great. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I live in Garden City and this is pretty much the exact jeep i've been looking for if you can send me an email with the VIN and any other info on it please do. [email protected] i would be glad to take a look at it and maybe take it off your hands.

·
Go until it breaks.
2,101 Posts
This ad was put up in 2008 and there has been zero activity on the account since June of 2009. I just don't see any of you getting a response. :sonicjay:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts