Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Old School
33,017 Posts
You're in a bad spot, you'll just have to suck it up, buttercup. Going over his head may backfire if the front office thinks he 'gets results'.

·
Gustafson
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You're in a bad spot, you'll just have to suck it up, buttercup. Going over his head may backfire if the front office thinks he 'gets results'.
Sadly you might be right.

He's now giving the new guy flack. I really think he has a mental problem.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,118 Posts
Oh, there's another guy that can catch shit, not just you? Every time he comes on the war path after you, have a list of things to throw the new guy under the bus for. Find his triggers, and send him towards the new guy.

I try to have empathy for my boss. I know his boss beats on him, and he passes some of it down. It's still frustrating as hell, but at least I don't have to deal with 2-up. When I know he's on a war path, I find jobs where I'm not near him.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,462 Posts
Get flowers delivered to him from FTD. Then watch how he reacts.
Hmmm....

I say we start a GL4x4 gofundme to send the guy a big ass bouquet of flowers from "Stan, in Accounting"

·
Gustafson
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hmmm....

I say we start a GL4x4 gofundme to send the guy a big ass bouquet of flowers from "Stan, in Accounting"
:sonicjay: That's awesome! But just change it to Norm.....lol

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,462 Posts
Even better if there is not Stan in accounting...then it's really a mystery

And. Stan for Stanlakes

...just a little Easter egg for us at GL4x4

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,462 Posts
One of those thongs folded to look like a rose too

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,462 Posts
how do we get this welcome bouquet started?

I think @Alex456123 is definitely not above sending a dick pic to a random guy

·
Gustafson
9,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,462 Posts
Let the start with the guys phone number and/or email.

Than whatever might or might not happen, happens.

No questions asked.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
At least he's not a woman, then you'd really be in it.
Hey hey hey.

What's that supposed to mean?

I had a boss that was an alcoholic, another one who had it in for me after her husband flirted with me at a wedding reception for a co-worker, and another one who just plain didn't like white women.

I quit working for the alcoholic, got fired by the jealous one - claimed I broke a rule but according to a co-worker who overheard the conversation the bosses all had to cut one employee from their departments so I was the chosen one; and the guy who didn't like white women ended up on trial for work place theft. I guess he took care of himself by stealing $32,000 worth of equipment and supplies from the company we were contracted to.

I quit my job two years ago but while I was at the last job for 5 years I got tired of dealing with superiors who lied, made up incidences to make themselves look better to our customer and one who just plain had the "new-boss attitude". I caught the liar by doing my follow-up with our customer who told me that the incident never occurred and was followed by "who the hell is this Jim anyway?" The inventor of issues ended up fired because once I made my statement a whole lot of other supervisors did as well and the new-boss calmed down after I told him that he can't run a department by being a bully and whenever he spoke to me in that tone all I was going to do is tune him out since I had 15 years more experience than he did. He just had seniority with the company so he ended up with the job and was on probation. If he failed I was replacing him which I didn't want.

It's tough when you're in a spot where just walking away or coming forward isn't the comfortable move. Not all companies have HR departments who won't be biased towards the boss or actually observe the offender in action.

Sorry so long but I haven't been here in a long time so had to catch up. ;-)

21 - 40 of 41 Posts