Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
The Biohazards
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are enough of us on here who own motorcylcles, Stogie and I were thinking about putting together a bike ride...

I do not care where we go, but maybe we could find a central location to meet and have someone local map out a ride....

·
Speed Limit -186,000 fps
1,540 Posts
Hell yeah! I'm in..... thanks for posting this.....

Saturday works out for me.....

I don't care where we go.....

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
I could only go on a Sunday and it would have to be north . Im not going to leave here to ride in the city .

yes im a picky whiny old fk

·
Speed Limit -186,000 fps
1,540 Posts
I could only go on a Sunday and it would have to be north . Im not going to leave here to ride in the city .

yes im a picky whiny old fk
thats okay..... I don't feel too bad..... You have the bike week in your back yard!

·
Living on the Edge
2,077 Posts
only thing I would like to add is don't route your ride along Dexter Trail rd. in Stockbridge near Lansing if your planning a loop route to the west.

·
Speed Limit -186,000 fps
1,540 Posts
you guys wanna make a run up to da up eh?

Its gotta be a day ride.....

sure, some could do it in a day....... most cannot.......

·
Speed Limit -186,000 fps
1,540 Posts
you guys wanna make a run up to da up eh?

Sure why not? Lets make it an Iron butt trip......1000 miles in 24 hours?

Leave my place in Warren go around Lake Michigan to Green Bay, Wi, Head East through the UP to Sault Ste Marie into Canada.... over to Sudbury, ON then south on 69/400 to Toronto then west back to windsor..... across the river through detroit and back to my place......

Google says it'll only take about 25.5 hours.....and its approx..... 1460 miles but if we hammer through the night, we can make it in faster time!

LOL

It just an option!

·
Speed Limit -186,000 fps
1,540 Posts

·
Speed Limit -186,000 fps
1,540 Posts
Although, I think we should stick to something local for this particular ride.

·
Upstanding Member
1,726 Posts
Its gotta be a day ride.....

sure, some could do it in a day....... most cannot.......
fine, be that way.....

the roads up there are great for riding in the summer. no traffic and trees allround. no cops either.:sonicjay:

·
Speed Limit -186,000 fps
1,540 Posts
R1100GS:tonka:
That's not bad..... 1172 miles in 13.5 hours only averages out to be 86.8 mph..... so my guess is that you were cruising at about 95 - 100 mph...... LOL..... That's a pretty decient cruising speed!

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
5 10-15min gas/piss stops, yes I was moooooving. Anyone can go fast.....

But its hard to go fast ALL DAY.

I love the IronButt stories.

·
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
10,939 Posts
If we leave from Livonia, we can ride out Hines Dr to Plymouth, then get on North Territorial and head out past Ann Arbor to Dexter. Head up to Zukey Lake Tavern (From N. Territorial, take Dexter Pinckney Rd up to 36, then East to Zukey Lake). And then from there, various ways back that would be a nice ride. Zukey Lake Tavern is supposed to be awsome, I've not been there but want to get out there.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts