Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
dog farts are the worst!!
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hit a deer with my truck and it was in the shop being repaired. it is an 04 f-250 with 6.0 diesel this will come into play later in the story.

I have owned the truck since 10/24/08 and was at the body shop since 11/3/08 yes just over a week in my possession. :(

I decided to put on a functional ram air hood and found the one I liked online and told the body shop which one I wanted. The body shop could not order direct because the manufacturer had a dealer in Michigan (Auto Ad Onz, I did not know this until later in the story but I am telling the story as it happened to avoid confusion). I was told by the body shop that they ordered the hood on 11/11 and were told 7-10 days shipping time. I chilled and thought happy thoughts for a couple weeks about having my truck back.

11/25, 14 days later and my truck is all done except for the hood. The body shop still has not gotten the hood and no tracking number was available (from Auto Ad onz). I called the hood maker and he had no orders going to Michigan for a Superduty. The body shop tells me for two days that they do not know where it is and it should be there any day. Still no tracking number.
The body shop finally gets some idiot to talk to them; and they say the hood is in Ohio; that the package shipped from California! The hood maker is actually in Florida! I know this because I picked out the hood from the Manufacturer website, and talked to the company. Now, I'm worried I am not getting the hood that I want. The body shop is also now told the hood is stuck in Ohio because of a snowstorm. Fine, I think Ohio did get some snow around that time.

12/2, 21 days from order. I call the body shop and they say “still no hood, no tracking number”, NOTHING! They make a call and they are told the hood is still in Ohio and that the trucking company that is shipping it had 5 days off for the Thanksgiving weekend. But, they say the hood will be there Thursday 12/4. (Auto Ad Onz’s website states: “We ship all our shipment via the services that United Parcel Service/DHL/FEDex provides to all its customer. They do not guarantee delivery by a certain date, the 7-10 business shipping time frame is only a guideline. Please allow about 7 to 10 business days to receive your order from the date you need them. Normal processing time still applys even in air shipment.”)

I do not think that any of these shipping companies take 5 days off around the holidays. I see most of them come into my work every day except for Thanksgiving and the Friday after. its just another excuse!

So, now it has been 3 weeks since the order was supposed to have been placed. I can get nothing that even sounds remotely reasonable from the body shop; who in turn is getting all their info from Auto Ad Onz. Remember this whole time I’m thinking the body shop is screwing me around!

I call the hood maker on my way home and ask, if he remembers talking to me a week or so ago; asking about a Superduty hood going to a body shop in Michigan. He says “yes, I got that order today and it just left this afternoon!”

21 days after the order was supposed to have been placed; they just received the order TODAY? I have been without my truck now for 4 weeks! He gives me the FEDEX tracking number. WOW! it just shipped that afternoon and he already has a tracking number?? How can that be?? Auto Ad Onz website states: "Please keep in mind it can take up to 5 business days (or longer) after your purchase to get the tracking details".

I get home from work finally happy! Thinking I'll be getting my truck back by the weekend. So, I track the number given to me. I look it over and it does not seem right; the model number is wrong on the bill of lading description! I crash again thinking the wrong hood is being shipped and it will be weeks before I ever see my truck again.

12/3 Morning comes, after a long sleepless night, stressing about my truck. I call the hood maker and ask by chance did they ship the hood for the 6.0 diesel and just accidentally put the model number for the 7.3 diesel in the description. He checks and says “no the hood THAT WAS ORDERED WAS THE WRONG ONE it is for the 7.3!” He also says he has the 6.0 hood in stock and will start boxing it up for shipping to send it out today.

I call the body shop and tell them the hood was just ordered yesterday! and that it is the wrong hood! I am told to hang tight they will find out and call me back.

I get a call back and am told we have to wait till the hood comes in and check because Auto Adonz said it is the right hood and I am wrong!

The body shop still has not been given a tracking number from Auto Ad Onz to check for themselves. I give them the FEDEX tracking number, that I was given by the manufacturer as well as the number and name of the man I talked to. They are surprised to here that I have a tracking number; and say they will check it out and call me back.

I get a call back from the body shop, everyone is apologizing to me and saying it should not have gotten to this, that they were being lied to by their supplier (AUTO ADONZ) about this whole thing and relaying the info to me. Unknowingly, The body shop talked to hood maker and got everything sorted out.

So, the correct hood has been shipped, on 12/3 the wrong one was stopped and sent back to Florida and as far as I know the company now known to me as “AUTO HACK ONZ” had nothing to do with fixing or trying to fix the issue. They probably still think my hood is in Ohio!

I have no knowledge of this company’s in store selection or their abilities and have no plans to find out. The way this transaction was handled was totally unprofessional and inexcusable in my opinion! I am also suspect of some of the disclaimers in their shipping policies.

If you have used this company and had a good experience I am happy it worked out for you!
But I will steer anyone that asks me away from these HACKS!

If you are with this company and this post angers you, TOO FUCKING BAD!!! How would you like to be without your new (to you) truck for 5 weeks due to someone else’s poor business practices and or incompetents?!:finger:

I know I am getting all this information third hand but I am trusting that the body shop was truthful with me because they had $4800 worth of work done to the truck and had not been paid for any of it yet and they are also friends of the family so I have a hard time seeing a reason they would lie to me directly.

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
I don't deal with any companies that cannot spell their names correcly; "z" is never an acceptable replacement for "s".

Retards.

·
Semper Fidelis
4,541 Posts
I don't deal with any companies that cannot spell their names correcly; "z" is never an acceptable replacement for "s".

Retardz.
Fixed!:teehee:

·
Irish R&B Singer
4,797 Posts
whatever man. I don't want to get into the story but for the record you were the one that messed up not us. thanks for calling here before running your mouth on a blog.
LOL......im in for 5 pages........i knew something like this would happen

·
The land of Boredom..
4,224 Posts
so who screwed up, and how? from the sounds of it, the customer, never had contact with the business, so how could the customer have screwed up?

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
whatever man. I don't want to get into the story but for the record you were the one that messed up not us. thanks for calling here before running your mouth on a blog.
Suggestion:

Instead coming here and getting pissed off about someone saying something bad about your company why don't you seize the opportunity to explain your side of the story?

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,016 Posts
:popcorn: here comes Armageddon

·
"The Situation"
14,415 Posts
whatever man its not really too funny to me. this is how I feed my family and pay the rent and I don't appreciate low life scum talking down about my business when in fact they messed up, not me.

you can read how we do things here autoadonz/aboutuswhy and we stand up for everything we have posted there.

this blog wont let me post links. its autoadonz dot com and then /aboutuswhy dot html
so you didnt order the hood for almost a month and his fault how ??

By all means tell us your side of the story.. IM JUST DIEING TO HEAR IT

·
WWSD - What would stan do
11,206 Posts
whatever man its not really too funny to me. this is how I feed my family and pay the rent and I don't appreciate low life scum talking down about my business when in fact they messed up, not me.

you can read how we do things here autoadonz/aboutuswhy and we stand up for everything we have posted there.

this blog wont let me post links. its autoadonz dot com and then /aboutuswhy dot html
youz are a bunchez of doucze bagz

·
The land of Boredom..
4,224 Posts
the auto shop that the main poster is referencing has DEFAULTED on 2 checks to me. therfor he is a cash account only. it took FOREVER from when the auto shop called me to check availability until I received a check. I had to wait an additional 7 business days to make sure it cleared. the day it cleared my bank I promptly ordered the parts. with the holidays it took additional time for check to clear. so the body shop feeds the end user a line of bs and I get brought into it. what happened if I didn't become a member of this sight and I never came across this? Then people think I do bad business because a customer was lied to
So again, you said it was the customers fault, you come on here, getting mad about someone talking bad about you, and you, in turn do the same thing? Sounds fishy to me.

·
meh.
7,816 Posts

Quote from your website
Customer Service is our top priority. We care about you!

I believe it man, you sound like a stand up guy. Fuck these haters.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts