Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired this 1996 XJ from a guy in Cleveland who bought it on vacation in Alabama.
It has some rust in the floors but is other wise very solid.
The plans are to make a sort of mall crawler/ curb climber out of it. I already have my 93 XJ that I can use to bounce off rocks and trees.
I couldn't afford a real classic car (chevelle, mustang, fairlane, challenger) so I figured this would have to do for now.
It is an ex police vehicle so it does have the high idle switch and has been decently maintained.
The PO said it has 3.73 gears and a LSD in the rear but I haven't been able to read the tags or had time to pop the diff covers off to confirm.
The interior is well worn and will need reconditioning.
My grandmother has dubbed it Betty White.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
It鈥檚 been a minute since I posted. I grabbed these cooper MT evolutions 35x12.5R17s for 195 a tire new from Discount now I just have to get going on my IRO 6.5in rocklink kit and stiffeners!

Gustafson
That's awesome! I don't know how I missed your original post, but I will be watching this build!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I hope to get started on it some time this weekend now that I'm on days again. But we just had our driveway seal coated so waiting for that to dry!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts