Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 24 ' enclosed trailer , this is a one piece roof that is not suppose to have seams . Weel the idiots end the one piece roof right were the front rolls over and it is leaking again . I have sealed it up with the aluminized trailer roofing crap but it is not flexible so after you tow the trailer around a bit it leaks again .

What would be a good flexible sealer to put on there ?

·
Axle Guru Extraordinaire
7,921 Posts
My uncle works for a trailer dealership and they use sicaflex (sp?) stuff stays flexable. Takes weeks to get off your skin :tonka:

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is sikaflex and i did find it but you got to get the 295 uv , most of the sikaflex is a glue instead of sealer so says my research .

That tape stuff appears to be under a flashing like the side has . This is an open seam all away across the front .

Thanks folks , ill see if i can find some of that stuff local .

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,621 Posts
I am told the white elastomeric (sp?) stuff you get at menards or home depot or?? works well. Let us know what works good for you.

·
Oldbie
4,835 Posts
Call a local roofing company and see if they will sell you something to fix it. We sell stuff to people all the time.

If you're near GR at all I'll give you something.

Don't waste your money on any of that BS in the Dicor site.

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
Call a local roofing company and see if they will sell you something to fix it. We sell stuff to people all the time.

If you're near GR at all I'll give you something.

Don't waste your money on any of that BS in the Dicor site.
Do you do RV repair? Be good to know... :woot:

·
Oldbie
4,835 Posts
Do you do RV repair? Be good to know... :woot:
No, commercial roofing. It's basically the same material.

If you have a problem though let me know. One of my employees would be more than happy to do a side job. I can hook you up with some material and a 10 min. lesson on how-to also.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,754 Posts
RV roof coat didn't work for ya? I used some when I fixed my aluminum cap on my pickup and it got beat pretty bad but never leaked. also if you could pry up the seam enough to caulk it there is butyl rubber caulk.

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
That tape stuff appears to be under a flashing like the side has . This is an open seam all away across the front .
For an old guy, you don't listen very well. If you put it across an open seam, you will not have to mess with it for a long time. That tape will stick to anything, I mean you could seal your butt shut with it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts