Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to find a set of used 37 or 38-inch tires for a while now without any luck. I have a run coming up in 2 weeks and it looks like I'll have to buy a set new. Where is the best place to buy tires in the Detroit area (or within an hour)? Probally going with SS TSL's or similar. I can't resist crossing the border to buy since our dollar is like equal now.
Thanks, Jay.

·
hicktown
2,433 Posts
jc witney has a deal on tsls rigth now 400 for 4 tries thats 31s that have a website not sure of addrees i go by there sometime time this fall like noveber

·
BigBri
466 Posts
really pays to call around, I have never found 1 place that is always the cheapest. depending on time of the month, who's bills are do and who has what in stock can really play with the price.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
www.tyres1.com

This place had the best price we found. I called about 5-6 different places and they were the best. I think they were no tax also.
x2
freight shipping on the larger tires is cheap got my 35" ssr's from there for $960 shipped

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
At this point, I search For Sale threads in multiple forums, and craigslist.

Much better than paying 200+ PER tire.

Paying 1,000+ for a "new" set of tires seems foolish to me when you could get 80-90% treads on a used set for 1/4 the price.

You just have to be patient and settle for something that's maybe not quite *exactly* what you're out for.

EDIT: I guess I didn't fully read the OP. You aren't looking for new tires.

I'm a fool. Carry on.

·
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul
3,217 Posts
Dicount tire will match any add in the 4x4 mags (a lot of times NTW is the cheapest)and you will not have to pay shipping as a bonus

1 - 14 of 14 Posts