Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best place to buy a detroit E-Z locker? Btw 8.5 10 bolt 30 spline

·
I like trees
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeeperz Creeperz. Call Kevin. Tell him Tie sent you
X2, but tell him PeteC sent you :naughty:
Thanks guys I sent him a pm and he said they don'y carry E-Z locker anymore because they were junk:whiz: but suggested a lock-Right for 291.95

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
he's right. they do suck. they shouldn't even have the word "detroit" in their title. I didn't listen and learned the hard way.

·
Get Up and Go
2,575 Posts
Weird. I have not had one issue with mine in my d30 spinning on 35's :confused:

Meh. Maybe I am not beating the shit out of it good enough :d:

No, you are not beating on your shit enough, I have only seen you break one rear axle in all the time I have known you.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
humm they suck i went through 4 e-z lockers with just 31's in a dana 35... finally west coast diff said screw it there junk here is a power traxx lock rite and didnt have an issue ever again or the guy who got it after me in his wrangler or the guy who bought that jeep from him... detriots in the rear suck.. in the front they might be ok....

·
PARTS SLINGER
1,091 Posts
Go to DTS they are by far the cheapest and you can absolutely any locker or LSD there
x2 on dts. but the e.z. locker has been discontinued. i went back to get springs for it and the salesman told me they don't make them anymore. they are junk. buy an aussie if you must buy a lunchbox locker. pins and springs are alot beefier.

·
Get Up and Go
2,575 Posts
x2 on dts. but the e.z. locker has been discontinued. i went back to get springs for it and the salesman told me they don't make them anymore. they are junk. buy an aussie if you must buy a lunchbox locker. pins and springs are alot beefier.

And JeeperzCreeperz sells Aussie's now.

Would have bought both of mine from Kevin if he would have been a distributor at the time.

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts
No, you are not beating on your shit enough, I have only seen you break one rear axle in all the time I have known you.
Actually I have now broken it twice :d: 8.25 busted twice, but I had a DETROIT LOCKER in it both times. Fubar'd the first DL, but got it rebuilt thanks to KillerB. Second time the 8.25 broke I managed not to take out the locker. Which brings me to my question now. So the Detroit Easy Locker is junk for rear axles? Again not an issue with my Easy Locker in my D30

1 - 17 of 17 Posts