Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

61 - 80 of 572 Posts

·
Sand Slut
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
How big of a piece are you willing to do? Headliner for a 78 Chevy?
Not yet.

I'm taking the money from the show and putting it towards a $2600 Mittler Brothers Jamey Jordan Sig Series 36" depth roller.

Then I'll be able to do big stuff :)

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
What thickness aluminum do you use
I might have a stack of material

·
Sand Slut
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
So when little brother attempts to install new muffler on his gfs car, and doesn't push muffler on far enough before cranking down the clamp....

Beadroller works good to flatten out the muffler input tube.

·
Sand Slut
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Ladies dad made me a dozen badass frames out of barn wood from an over 100 year old barn..

I have 38 panels made. Some frames are coming in the mail for the ones without. And the 2 big money makers, the yin yang panel, and the sun panel, are being framed in barnwood frames now.

I'm wicked stoked. This has been the most amount of work I have ever put towards anything in my life. I hope it turns out well :)

·
Yooper In Training
7,049 Posts
The work is phenomenal. I never knew bead roller could do that level of detail, even with a skilled operator. I'm planning to go to the buggy show so I'll be sure to check them out.

·
Yooper In Training
7,049 Posts
Saw you at the buggy show, but you were talking to people so I didn't stop and say hi. The panels look just as good in person, nice work!

Also, you're skinnier than you look in pictures and your girl is more shredded. Keep her happy or she'll probably whoop your ass.

·
Sand Slut
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Saw you at the buggy show, but you were talking to people so I didn't stop and say hi. The panels look just as good in person, nice work!

Also, you're skinnier than you look in pictures and your girl is more shredded. Keep her happy or she'll probably whoop your ass.
Hahahah. Yeah I gotta work on that. I was doing good and then I totally stopped going to the gym once I started all of this. Its bad when you can tell yourself that you have gotten skinnier, when you have always been skinny...

I kinda figured you were way older than you are.
25 next month.

The frames look great. Love barn wood.
Thanks!

·
Sand Slut
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
On another note... I only sold one panel, which sucks.

Wrong crowd. A lot of people walked up with rusty VW headers and parts, and made comments like "$100 for a sign? Wtf?"....

Oh well, B&L fronted the bill for the hotel, and made the weekend pretty laid back for us. Good experience and lots of new connections.

Now to start selling some of this stuff.

·
Yooper In Training
7,049 Posts
On another note... I only sold one panel, which sucks.

Wrong crowd. A lot of people walked up with rusty VW headers and parts, and made comments like "$100 for a sign? Wtf?"....

Oh well, B&L fronted the bill for the hotel, and made the weekend pretty laid back for us. Good experience and lots of new connections.

Now to start selling some of this stuff.
That's a bummer. Definitely agreed on the crowd, that wasn't a high dollar place by any means. It looked like lots of people just cleaned their garages out of 40 years of collected VW junk. There were a few decent booths and it was still well worth the trip though.
Honestly though, next time make it more clear that these are for sale, hand made, more advertising/signage, etc, etc. I may have thought it was just a cool display had I not known better. I wonder if these would do well on etsy

·
Sand Slut
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Ill be more prepared next time.

Ill focus less on the large quantity of stuff, and focus better on the advertisement stuff.

Make a sign that states all of what you mentioned above.

Ive never done anything like this, so I had no idea what to expect.

·
Yooper In Training
7,049 Posts
Good plan. Don't get discouraged by the lack of interest at that show! I bet having them on display and for sale at B&L they'll do a lot better. There's a lot more money floating around at the dunes than there was at the show yesterday. I'm sure plenty of people will stop in for flags and parts and want to buy your signs for their cabins and garages.

·
Sand Slut
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Yeah that would be cool.

I gotta run up there sometime this week and grab the roller (they brought it in the semi). And ill probably grab a handful of stuff for them to hang up.

The owner also chatted about possibly doing some live demos on busy weekends for an hour or something in the showroom.

If I can go get my new beadroller, I can just keep this one up there for such occasions :thumb:

61 - 80 of 572 Posts