Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Comanche Addict
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
--Dana 30 steering: good TREs (although the boots have seen better days), inverted-T design (came off a YJ), stronger than the crappy MJ/XJ etc stuff.
$65 (photo down below)

--Stronger Dana 30 steering: good TREs, inverted-Y design with custom beefy tierod (photo down below)
$65 Or $50 for just the tierod and practically new TREs on it

--Four black steel 15x7 Dakota/Durango rims; 6 on 4.5 bolt pattern
$80

--Dana 35 shafts from a low mileage TJ rear axle
SOLD!for the pair

--Dana 35 spider gears from same TJ axle.
SOLD!

--'96 Explorer 8.8: 3.73, disk brakes, 84k miles, limited-slip diff, calipers included, no rotors, needs e-brake shoes
SOLD!

--'94 YJ Dana 30: 4.10 gears, good ball joints, good brakes, needs new 260 U-joints.
Sold!!

--'97 Explorer 8.8: 4.10, 72k miles, limited-slip diff, calipers/rotors included, needs e-brake shoes
Sold!!

--'97 Explorer 8.8: 4.10, 78k miles, open diff, calipers/rotors included, needs e-brake shoes
Sold!!

--'98 Explorer 8.8: 3.55, 81k miles, open diff, calipers/rotors included, needs e-brake shoes
Sold!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photos available upon request.

Delivery:
I will delivery out to about 4 hours away for only the cost of gas. I live in 48193 so use a mapping website to find the distance between us and multiply that by 0.25 to find what I would charge. ($3.00 per gallon times 2 (it’s a round trip) divided by 24 mpg = 0.25)
Example: 57 miles to your house x 0.25 = ~$14

Shipping an axle: probably about a $100
If you're further away, CC has graciously let me ship through his company’s dock. This includes free lift-gate delivery right to your door if they deliver to your particular zip code. For the few people who are out of the delivery zone, you’d need to pick it up from a depot. Every single zip code I plugged in so far has been a candidate for home delivery, but I’m told there are some exceptions out there so give me your zip code and I’ll let you know for sure. For shipping, you will pay only the actual shipping costs. I will palletize them and do all the grunt work for no extra charge.

Payment:
I accept Paypal.com, cash, or a money order or check (but not until it clears).

Thanks,
--Pete

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Need more info on the steering stuff. Not really sure what you are talking about. Maybe some pics?

Sorry about not being able to get the deal done....maybe we can finish this off.

Calling dibs on the d30, open 4.10 8.8, and maybe one of those steering setups.

·
Comanche Addict
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't see why I wouldn't be available on Saturday for pick-up.

The top one is the modified inverted-Y (meaning the tierod goes from one side to the drag link) with the upgraded custom tierod.
The lower one is an inverted-T (meaning that the tierod goes completely across from side to side) that has a tierod that is an inch in diameter and stronger than stock.
(if you flip them upside-down (and use you imagination), one sorta resembles a 'Y' and the other (if you move the drag link a bit) resembles a 'T'. It's hard to see I know, but those aren't my monikers)

Closeup of the tierod on the top one:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Pete, that beefy tie rod was built by my buddy, its 1.25 od. .25 id and uses stock tre joints.

·
Comanche Addict
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! :thumb: I had forgotten the actual specs. If no one buys it by the time my '90 Comanche gets a floor, the '90 gets it.
--Pete

·
Comanche Addict
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All of the 4.10 axles are sold.
--Pete

·
Comanche Addict
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup. :thumb: