Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently decided it was time for a new trailer. We decided it was time to step up to a goose neck trailer that was capable of hauling 2 rigs. I calles multiple places and got rude salesman, no return calls from others and treated like I was stupid.

I stumbled on Becks trailer superstore in St Johns michigan. I was very impressed. My salesman Gene was on the ball, he helped me pick the trailer, called me with updates on the process, very professional , he knew what he was doing.
My friend and I pulled in, he had the trailer out front, spare tire sitting next to it, all paperwork layed out on his desk right next to the gooseneck hitch kit we needed, tools to install, and plate ready to go. Guided me threw the setup of the gooseneck, hooked me up and we were on the road within 45 min!

I highly recommend them, their inventory is huge! That was a reason behind choosing them, if I didnt like the one, they had multiple ones similar.
Check them out
https://www.beckstrailerstore.com

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the beast, 40ft iron bull tri axle with the 102" deck option.
Bare with me its been a while since ive tried posting pics, might mess this up a few times

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When we got it home we had to do a quick test fit, fire up my, loaded up my chidder, and my buddies truck. Guess I could have gotten by with a 36', but I'd rather have room to move them around

·
Project Antitube
968 Posts
I heard they turned things around a couple years ago. They used to be awful. Not US27 Motorsports awful, but close. I still won't shop at either one of them, but that does sound promising.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I have a 32 ft one and we get 2 Jeeps on it with room between them. When I was shopping for it I stopped in Becks and wasn't impressed. Ended up buying it at US Trailers in Elmore. Very happy with their service and price was the best I found

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
I bought an enclosed trailer at beck's 6 years ago and didn't have any issues. I bought a 12' at US Trailer in New Boston 2 years ago and they were great.

I figured out that some of the trailer places are just as flaky as some of the motorsports outfits when shopping around. No returned calls, runaround on the phone, etc.

·
Flex Is OverRated
2,767 Posts
Every time I have ever called Becks i have ended up so dam mad I just hang up. Last time I called looking for a trailer (fendered gooseneck decked to 102) the salesman swore up and down no one built such a thing. When I pointed out that they do and they are advertised on the Becks website he called me a liar. :confused:

·
welfare wheeler
6,989 Posts
I got my 2 place aluminum enclosed snowmobile trailer there.
It was a painless process. Price was hard to beat.
Its been a good trailer.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I bought my gooseneck there, didn’t have any issues with sales staff. When I went to hook up and salesman was putting the tag on the rear, I did a walk around and noticed the Left mud flap was missing. Salesman went and had a employee take one off another trailer and install it on mine.
I will definitely consider them in future purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
477 Posts
I got my trailer from them as well . I really didn’t know what I wanted so I had the salesman running us all over in the golf cart. Then back to the office for pricing he never missed a beat. I’ll get my next one from them.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I wasn't quite shure on how long a trailer I really needed but I figured the longest vehicles I would be towing would be my dads 67 gto and my wifes 76 chevy long box. It might look goofy when I tow my kids k5 and our 68 bronco but rather have too much than not enough, besides once ya go 32' what's another 8 ft.
Sorry to here some have had negative experiences with Becks, mine was great and I highly recommend them. I would drive the 11hrs again if I need another. One of the many reasons for choosing them was their inventory, the place is Fugging huge! Living in the UP there is not a lot of trailer dealers with anything like I was looking for to even look at. I had to gage what length I was going to need based on pics off pirate! At the time I was ready to purchase Becks had 2 40'ers, 1 36', and a few 32's. If I didnt like one I had plenty to choose from.
I had found a 36, at another dealer only a 6 hr trip away but thats all he had for that size roughly and was rude an didn't return calls.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts