Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
XJ Slut
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have BDS suspension 3" on my 01 XJ front coils and rear AAL ,shocks, steering stabilizer yada,yada my question is this, anybody running there LCA's? When i bought my lift they didnt have any now they do ,also anyone running there new 1" lift shackle thinking of adding spacer and shackle to my lift.:bio:

·
Me balls are huge
2,543 Posts
I don't have any of the stuff your asking about, but i do have a lifted XJ.

I had a 3" lift and added 1.5" lift shackels and 1.75" spacers up front. After doing so the steering got real sloppy. I added Rusty's fixed LCAs (I believe they were 1/2" longer than stock), but they did nothing to help. I decided to try the RE drop brackets, which made the best improvement for the front end. It no longer felt like it was going to fall apart over bumps. Still didn't steer so well. I reinstalled the stock LCAs, and everything felt great.

If you plan to go up to 4" lift and above, buy the drop brackets, or a long arm kit, before you replace the LCAs.

P.S. I hope you have an SYE... and don't use the RE hack and tap.

·
XJ Slut
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FrankNBrew said:
I don't have any of the stuff your asking about, but i do have a lifted XJ.

I had a 3" lift and added 1.5" lift shackels and 1.75" spacers up front. After doing so the steering got real sloppy. I added Rusty's fixed LCAs (I believe they were 1/2" longer than stock), but they did nothing to help. I decided to try the RE drop brackets, which made the best improvement for the front end. It no longer felt like it was going to fall apart over bumps. Still didn't steer so well. I reinstalled the stock LCAs, and everything felt great.

If you plan to go up to 4" lift and above, buy the drop brackets, or a long arm kit, before you replace the LCAs.

P.S. I hope you have an SYE... and don't use the RE hack and tap.
Thanks no SYE yet, probably going with a PORCH and front driveshaft, doing this on a budget. Im probably only going to add a 3/4" spacer to the front and a 3/4" shackle to rear.My BDS lift came with a 2.5" AAL and a 5/8" block might also go with a 1" shackle and remove block and add the 3/4 " spacer to the front , her ass is higher anyway :bio:

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
xjjeepthing said:
Thanks no SYE yet, probably going with a PORCH and front driveshaft, doing this on a budget. Im probably only going to add a 3/4" spacer to the front and a 3/4" shackle to rear.My BDS lift came with a 2.5" AAL and a 5/8" block might also go with a 1" shackle and remove block and add the 3/4 " spacer to the front , her ass is higher anyway :bio:
I ran 6" of lift on stock arms with the drop brackets on my comanche.
no complaints other than having to be carefull of hitting the drop brackets

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
xjjeepthing said:
I ran 6" of lift on stock arms with the drop brackets on my comanche.
no complaints other than having to be carefull of hitting the drop brackets

it still flexed good too

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have the 3 inch bds lit but with the full leaf packs in the back, have the same problem with the ass sitting higher. I would like to go 2 more inchs and run 33s but after what everyone is saying it sounds kindov scary. Let me know what you do and how it works out. thanks
jake

·
XJ Slut
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Symmes said:
I have the 3 inch bds lit but with the full leaf packs in the back, have the same problem with the ass sitting higher. I would like to go 2 more inchs and run 33s but after what everyone is saying it sounds kindov scary. Let me know what you do and how it works out. thanks
jake
Your 93 is less prone to vibe problems then my 01 XJ , but still anything over 3.5" to 4" should have without a dought an SYE ,really any lift should but can usually get away with a t-case drop.not sure what im gonna do yet ,may just add a 3/4" spacer for know and when i get all my parts together for the SYE add 2". Ill let ya know, and welcome to GL 4x4

1 - 7 of 7 Posts