Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
y=mx+b
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching all over the forums at JeepsUnlimited and everyone seems to worry about getting death wobble when putting a BB on a WJ.

I'm going with a 2.5 from KOR. I don't anticipate any problem...

So my question is: Are they the fools for posing that people will get the wobble or am I the fool for worrying about it?

I've read here that the tech over there is not up to par. Help me out please.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,753 Posts
Umm, unless you have something worn on your jeep to begin with you shouldn't have problems. I installed squirrelWJ's 2.5" KOR BB and he didn't have problems till he decided to go taller.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,753 Posts
265/75/16's I know he had to trim for them. If its mostly a road wheeler you should be able to get by with a BB and spacers for 265's.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Ok, Deathwobble issues with KOR's 2.5" BB is pretty much non-existent unless you've got some worn out parts. Had no issues with it to be honest, atlhough I would suggest that the largest tire size you go up to would be a 31" tire. 32's were just a little bit too big for it and were the reason I went with the UC springs to get the extra .75"-1" of lift to fit them.

With 31's you wouldn't need to worry about wheel spacers as much either, although a new wheel or spacers may be an option. The stock backspacing on a 16" rim is 6" and 6.25" for the 17". I picked up 1.5" wheel spacers to get mine out to a 4.5" backspacing on stock wheels. Made it nice to get my turning radius back but played havock on needing to trim the front fascia to eliminate all the rubbing issues. 31's require little trimming even when you flex, which is sorta nice.

If you want tech info about a WJ, you can always look up www.wjjeeps.com for any factory info you may wonder about. But the best place I found for information on Grand Cherokees has been jeepforum.com

·
Don't poke the Bear!
417 Posts
If you want tech info about a WJ said:
www.wjjeeps.com[/url] for any factory info you may wonder about.
I put a 2" RE BB on mine with 31 MTRs and have had no issues with rubbing or wobble. I do wish I had the UC springs on mine though.

I found that web site by dumb luck but you are correct it is very useful. I haven't been on the other one much.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
JU is useless.....JF has a lot of good tech info. Like the others have said, unless something in your steering or suspension is already worn out you won't get DW.

·
y=mx+b
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll have to check out JF instead of JU. bayouguy...are you running 245/75/16's? We have the Limited...so I'm pricing 17 inches right now.

·
Don't poke the Bear!
417 Posts
I'll have to check out JF instead of JU. bayouguy...are you running 245/75/16's? We have the Limited...so I'm pricing 17 inches right now.
Yep--running 245/75/16 I think they spec out at 30.8"
I have heard that if you don't do any wheeling you can get away with 265/70/16

·
GVSU Jeeper
1,352 Posts
JU is useless.....JF has a lot of good tech info. Like the others have said, unless something in your steering or suspension is already worn out you won't get DW.
Agreed on all accounts.

·
GVSU Jeeper
1,352 Posts
So how come no one talks about 255's? Any ideas?
The best tire size for a BB is 265/70/16 but only AT's come in that size. If you are going to want MT's you will have to get the smaller 245/75/16 or trim quite a bit and cram 265/75/16's on there. I guess it depends if you wheel or not. I had to trim to fit 265/75/16's @4" of lift but I wheel pretty hard not just silver lake sissy stuff.

·
GVSU Jeeper
1,352 Posts
You can see here pretty good how I trimmed the front bumper cover.

The last pic was just for fun.

·
y=mx+b
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So...265/70/17 is probably the way we will go. What I'm trying to figure out is how much we'll have to cut the bumpers and fender wells for our wheeling trips to the mall, the grocery store and to work.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts