Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
NOT GL4x4SucksVideo guy.
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently something jumped in price because the Redtop Optima's were $128 last I looked at one. Just checked again and they're up to $162.99.

:bdr2:

My Interstate drained last night and it froze. Thawed it out and it wont take a charge anymore.

:bdr2: x2.

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
motorcraft is a member on here and he sells red tops. look it up.

·
atv rider
6,556 Posts
sams club as the cheapest optimas ... dunno what there at but i know they are the cheapest

·
atv rider
6,556 Posts
i checked the sams club website and there isnt even a listing for auto batteries unless in totally blind.
dunno if there on the website or not .... i used to work for interstate batteries and i deliverd optimas to sams club ... they sell em cheap

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
motorcraft is a member on here and he sells red tops. look it up.
Enginecraft. :fish:

Yes, Sam's sells red and yellow tops. I looked at the red's a couple days ago and they were $135 for the 1000 CCA's (IIRC).

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Here's the trick... You don't need a membership to buy gift certificates at Sam's Club. You also don't need a membership to redeem them. :thumb:

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
Enginecraft. :fish:

Yes, Sam's sells red and yellow tops. I looked at the red's a couple days ago and they were $135 for the 1000 CCA's (IIRC).
D'oh.:sonicjay:

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Optima's are junk anymore. I had nothing but problems with mine, and my buddies that bought recently all ended up returning theirs and changing to something else.

I went with a Die Hard Platinum AGM battery, I <3 that thing. The jeep has sat for over a year and I yanked it out and threw it in my buddies Ram, fired right up without hesitation. They have a 4 year shelf life, and its backed up by a 4-Year Free Replacement; 100-Month Prorated Limited Warranty

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Optima's are junk anymore. I had nothing but problems with mine, and my buddies that bought recently all ended up returning theirs and changing to something else.

I went with a Die Hard Platinum AGM battery, I <3 that thing. The jeep has sat for over a year and I yanked it out and threw it in my buddies Ram, fired right up without hesitation. They have a 4 year shelf life, and its backed up by a 4-Year Free Replacement; 100-Month Prorated Limited Warranty
X2, I went with a Die Hard Platinum Marine battery in my XJ.

·
NOT GL4x4SucksVideo guy.
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

O RLY?

Well I did plan on getting one but I was mainly using their price for reference. I dont think I will be now, I have better things to spend some of that money on.

·
More boost than yours:)
1,252 Posts
One word:
Odyssey

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ydep odyssey is what I put in my hhr and I will never look at another battery again. I can leave my laptop on and my battery charger for the ryobi all night in subzero weather and go out and start the car right up. none of the other batteries I had including optima could do that. Also the sears platinum is the odyssey at a cheaper price.

·
Mall Rated
1,597 Posts
Kind of off topic, but kind of not. If the optimas quality has gone downhill, is there another non liquid type battery that can be put on its side? I have my dual yellow tops mounted on end in my rig but when they go belly up I would maybe like another choice.

·
More boost than yours:)
1,252 Posts
Kind of off topic, but kind of not. If the optimas quality has gone downhill, is there another non liquid type battery that can be put on its side? I have my dual yellow tops mounted on end in my rig but when they go belly up I would maybe like another choice.
Odyssey . . . also they generally have more amps for the same size . . .
For example, I have twin PC2150 batteries in my diesel. They are only slightly larger than the ones I removed, and they are 2150 cold cranking amps each. Baaad mofos. There is no liquid in the battery. They are an absorbed glass mat construction.

They say that even if you crack the battery case that nothing will leak out and the battery will still work. They are designed for every position except fully inverted.

·
Mall Rated
1,597 Posts
Odyssey . . . also they generally have more amps for the same size . . .
For example, I have twin PC2150 batteries in my diesel. They are only slightly larger than the ones I removed, and they are 2150 cold cranking amps each. Baaad mofos. There is no liquid in the battery. They are an absorbed glass mat construction.

They say that even if you crack the battery case that nothing will leak out and the battery will still work. They are designed for every position except fully inverted.
Sweet, thanks...... Sorry for the hi jack... back on topic

1 - 19 of 19 Posts