Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
N8KVB
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the downriver Detroit area of SE MI. I'm looking to have one or two egress windows added to our basement sometime this year?

Does anyone have any recommendations for companies? Ideally I like to have at least three quotes before hiring anyone but I've got one quote from a company I trust and i'm having trouble finding other companies to quote the job.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
I'm in the downriver Detroit area of SE MI. I'm looking to have one or two egress windows added to our basement sometime this year?

Does anyone have any recommendations for companies? Ideally I like to have at least three quotes before hiring anyone but I've got one quote from a company I trust and i'm having trouble finding other companies to quote the job.
Curious what the quote was, I need to add one or two myself. I was always told about 10k/window

PM me if you don't want to post and you're willing to share.

·
Gustafson
9,044 Posts
Curious what the quote was, I need to add one or two myself. I was always told about 10k/window

PM me if you don't want to post and you're willing to share.
I am curious about this as well. i have an egress window currently, but it's not like the newer homes where it's full sized with a pit and ladder. I'd like to add a bedroom in our basement so I was thinking of doing this.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I did one last year. It was around $350 to have a sawcutting company come cut a hole in the basement wall. And another couple hundred for a window and to frame it in which I did myself. The window itself doesn't need to be labelled as an egress window. It just needs to meet the size requirements for egress and can only be a certain height off of the floor.

·
N8KVB
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I forgot about this one since this place went through a radical change since the post. I initially had trouble getting people to quote the job, and the only company I found wanted $6k per window (I need 2).

Finally found three others to quote the job and they were $4k per window, but pretty much dropped to $3.5k each if I did two since they only have to pull permits once.

I'm getting them put in in Sept and can't wait! Baring any major issues I hope to start work on finishing my basement this winter!!!

·
Gustafson
9,044 Posts
Sorry, I forgot about this one since this place went through a radical change since the post. I initially had trouble getting people to quote the job, and the only company I found wanted $6k per window (I need 2).

Finally found three others to quote the job and they were $4k per window, but pretty much dropped to $3.5k each if I did two since they only have to pull permits once.

I'm getting them put in in Sept and can't wait! Baring any major issues I hope to start work on finishing my basement this winter!!!
That's awesome!

Take some pictures if you can. I'd like to see how they do this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts