·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
Thats funny.

Bonds is a douche bag.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
hmm, lets see. In Ruth's day the pitching mound was lowered to favor home runs, the left field wall was shortened to favor Ruth's left handed hitting, and he notoriously corked his bats. Sorry, everyone's a cheat in that game IMO.

42,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm, lets see. In Ruth's day the pitching mound was lowered to favor home runs, the left field wall was shortened to favor Ruth's left handed hitting, and he notoriously corked his bats. Sorry, everyone's a cheat in that game IMO.

I've never once heard any mention of Hank Aaron being a cheat.

And right after the MLB strike, they switched to a ball that yielded a lot more home runs to get more fans back into the game.

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
The home run record is stupid, not a single park in the majors is the same dimensionally, so if you play at a small park......or at a big park......

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
It's no different than Richard Petty's Nascar record which cannot be broken now because the tracks he won on are gone and they don't run 40+ races a year now either.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've never once heard any mention of Hank Aaron being a cheat.

And right after the MLB strike, they switched to a ball that yielded a lot more home runs to get more fans back into the game.

Hank Aron and The Babe also didn't have steroids and "strength enhancing" chemicals. There really is no comparison. Its apples and oranges really. Yeah, Bonds can say he has more Hommers now, but also, how many games did it take him to get them vs Aron too. Personally I think Bonds is a roid pushin looser. But then so are a lot of professional athletes these days.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Hank Aron and The Babe also didn't have steroids and "strength enhancing" chemicals. There really is no comparison. Its apples and oranges really. Yeah, Bonds can say he has more Hommers now, but also, how many games did it take him to get them vs Aron too. Personally I think Bonds is a roid pushin looser. But then so are a lot of professional athletes these days.
actually Bond's has less at bats than Aaron, but I still dont like bonds.

·
Ultimate Mall Wheeler
843 Posts
Can't wait till a-rod beats bonds.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
roid users are ****. perhaps he can glue his home run record on this crotch when his shrivels, dies and falls off.

·
Covered in mud...
17,916 Posts
from size 42 to a size 52 jersey; from size 10 1/2 to size 13 cleats; and from a size 7 1/8 to size 7 1/4 cap, even though he had taken to shaving his head.
I'm sure its just the nromal growth spurts that guys have in their mid 30s.

I'm 32 now, so I wonder if I should hold off on buying the new shoes I need...

·
6'-5" 209LB 16YR LEFTWING
15,745 Posts
It's no different than Richard Petty's Nascar record which cannot be broken now because the tracks he won on are gone and they don't run 40+ races a year now either.
The King has also admitted to using the "juice" a time or two in race events.
(it's just that his juice was NOS) :tonka: :tonka: :tonka:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
The King has also admitted to using the "juice" a time or two in race events.
(it's just that his juice was NOS) :tonka: :tonka: :tonka:

Well, understand that Nascar has a very in depth rulebook because of Petty's crew chief always doing stuff and then saying when "caught", "It wasn't in the rules not to".

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
Remember too that all the pitchers bonds has faced are roiding too....I don't like him, but he is not hitting the same pitches that ruth and aaron hit.

He is a hell of a player, every player is chemically enhanced, and he rose tothe top......More natural talent then the others plus the chemicals (that the others used) equals unhumanly good.

He is a total douchebag and baseball needs to clean up their act starting with bonds

·
Covered in mud...
17,916 Posts
He is a total douchebag and baseball needs to clean up their act starting with bonds
I think he's a tool, but its baseball in general, and Selig, which are the major problems.

After the strike whenever 10-15 years ago, baseball was basically dead. The popularity of hockey, basketball, and football are huge.

So, they turned a blind eye and didn't prohibit steroid use, and juiced up the ball. Face it, McGuire/Sosa HR derby brought a lot of people back to watching. Hell, I watched some times to see if he'd hit 70.

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
I think he's a tool, but its baseball in general, and Selig, which are the major problems.

After the strike whenever 10-15 years ago, baseball was basically dead. The popularity of hockey, basketball, and football are huge.

So, they turned a blind eye and didn't prohibit steroid use, and juiced up the ball. Face it, McGuire/Sosa HR derby brought a lot of people back to watching. Hell, I watched some times to see if he'd hit 70.
agreed. they created this monster themselves.

·
Covered in mud...
17,916 Posts
I wonder if they tracked how many sizes smaller his athletic supporter got :tonka:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts