1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I have one and I am pretty happy with it. I did notice that they redesigned it though and now the tubes are equal length. I didn't notice any significant gains, but it made a good replacement to my cracked OE one and plus I got a lifetime warranty.

·
2257 Compliant
331 Posts
I have had two of them. First one cracked and got another one under warranty from Quadratec with no hassle.

Good product, came complete, good instructions, fit good. Did the Banks header and cat back at the same time and am generally pleased with it. Have to admit though if this one cracks I don’t know what I’m going to do, probably something different.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you guys have to get the crossover pipe too when you bought it? or did it fit with the factory one? Or did you have one custom made?

·
2257 Compliant
331 Posts
Did you guys have to get the crossover pipe too when you bought it? or did it fit with the factory one? Or did you have one custom made?
98 Wrangler uses the stock crossover. Other models may need the aftermarket pipe.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I like mine so far, but it is a PITA to install.
WTF are you serious. Installing that was super easy.....even for someone who hasn't done it before 5 hrs max. The one thing I will say is to get the OE Mopar gasket when you do the swap, the Banks one sucks. Mine blew out in 8 months.

·
Registered
315 Posts
WTF are you serious. Installing that was super easy.....even for someone who hasn't done it before 5 hrs max. The one thing I will say is to get the OE Mopar gasket when you do the swap, the Banks one sucks. Mine blew out in 8 months.
they must have changed the design then, because the two middle bolts under the manifold were almost impossible to put a wrench on when i put my banks header on my YJ 2 weeks ago.

Did your's look like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
they must have changed the design then, because the two middle bolts under the manifold were almost impossible to put a wrench on when i put my banks header on my YJ 2 weeks ago.

Did your's look like this?
I have one and I am pretty happy with it. I did notice that they redesigned it though and now the tubes are equal length. I didn't notice any significant gains, but it made a good replacement to my cracked OE one and plus I got a lifetime warranty.

No, I noted that above. I have the previous design with unequal length tubes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts