Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally have time to mount my new 33-12.5-15 STT Cooper mud terrains for my Jeep. I am wondering what is the best route to balance mud tires on a street legal off roader.

I do have a balancer that I will be using (I'm unsure what type though). I'm unsure if I should use wheel weights or go the airsoft bb route or a different route that may work even better.

· Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,729 Posts
33's really aren't that big of a tire to balance using regular weights. I balanced 35" Kumho M/T's using tape weights on a set of bead locks and they were some of the best driving tires that I've ever used. I would go with tape weights inside the wheels.

· Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,729 Posts
Perfect! Any problems with losing weights or what not?
Tape weights aren't like the regular weights that get hammered in on the side of the tires, they're stuck on the inside between the wheel and the caliper. I haven't lost any over the years but I made sure to clean the area that I was sticking them to quite well before putting them on.

You shouldn't have any issues, I wheeled the crap out of those wheels and tires and never had any issues. Would often lower the air pressure to wheel all day, inflate them and then drive the jeep home

· the ocean called
10,282 Posts
Stick on weights are good! I use brake clean on the surface and wipe it off with a rag before applying the weight...haven't lost one yet.

STTs actually balance quite well for Coopers. My 31's are really good mall crawlers. Enjoy!

· Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,729 Posts
so if you use the air soft bebes how much do you put in each tire?
Enough to balance it, I know this is a vague answer, but all of the charts online are just guesses. It depends on the wheel, the tire, how out of round the tires is, etc. There isn't a magic chart anywhere, even the charts that you find are just general references and still require some addition/subtraction depending on your tire wheel combo.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.