Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, does anyone on here know if tire balancing beads really do work ?

I have been wondering about this for a few years now and just purchased a set of 40x15.50R20's and am wanting to make sure that i have a balanced ride so any input with knoweledge of this would help.
Thanks in advance.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
I've used the poly BB's with descent success.

Is this a daily driver or trail rig?

·
Yooper In Training
7,254 Posts
I've used Airsoft BBs with great success in several vehicles and so have a few of my friends.

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,114 Posts
Suggest looking into ceramic bb's instead of just the regular plastic ones. They are less likely to absorb moisture over time

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
443 Posts
I got mine from discount tire. there tiny little balls. they sell them by the ounce I think i bought 8oz bags and they were around 15 bucks a bag if i remember right. seem to work pretty good.

·
Premium Member
4,992 Posts
I've had great success with the plastic air soft bbs in my last 2 sets of tires but when I broke down my last set I did notice that they had broken down some
But then again I'm not sure this affects how they work

·
Dirty South
983 Posts
its worth investing in some sort of ceramic balance beads. aside from their composition, they are very different than the common airsoft BB.

HDOffroadEngineering has a really good price on them right now.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
its worth investing in some sort of ceramic balance beads. aside from their composition, they are very different than the common airsoft BB.

HDOffroadEngineering has a really good price on them right now.
weight is weight. Why does it matter if they break down?

I'm planning on running coolant in my next set.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts