Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Nice Video. Is that a shock hanging down at around 3:50? Very cool.

·
Get Some
4,226 Posts
very cool video, i cant wait to get to the badlands. it looks like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Nice vid, you should have 5pts if you are going to take the doors off imo.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice vid, you should have 5pts if you are going to take the doors off imo.
true, but the standard 3 pt stock belt locks up in any off camber situations. we mostly did trails that day and i threw on the doors the next for the more extreme stuff. next summer i will have the cage, 5 points and 37's so i will be ready to roll, literally!! haha

and yes my shock mount did break, there was a small ledge i didnt see and the back end bottomed out. i raised the mounts to be flush with the bottom of the axle and neglected to get shorter shocks, we literally pulled our stuff from the shop drove it down the road and put them on a trailer.

thanks for all the comments guys i really appreciate it. my cousin and i worked hard on getting all the shots and really portraying what the badlands is all about. not to mention showing off our jeeps and our driving skill, or lack there of! lol

sorry some of you didn't like the music. its hard to find a suitable music that i like and everyone else will enjoy.

·
Go lil yellow Roobicon...
1,960 Posts
thanks for all the comments guys i really appreciate it. my cousin and i worked hard on getting all the shots and really portraying what the badlands is all about. not to mention showing off our jeeps and our driving skill, or lack there of! lol

sorry some of you didn't like the music. its hard to find a suitable music that i like and everyone else will enjoy.
the shots were great IMO. Good job getting the angles right to help portray the difficulty of some of the places. It's always hard to put on screen the reality of off-roading obstacles I've found.

I do love Attica, there are some sick lines if you look close and know how to handle a rig. I might even try purgatory this year (on 31's haha) if I can beef up a couple things on the underside of my Jeep. That place can change pretty fast so we shall see..:naughty:

Maybe instead of music, you could fade your music of choice in and out with the natural sound of engine/tires cameraman talking. Hearing things bang on rocks and engines hitting the rev-limiter has a beautiful tone. :beerbang:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the shots were great IMO. Good job getting the angles right to help portray the difficulty of some of the places. It's always hard to put on screen the reality of off-roading obstacles I've found.

I do love Attica, there are some sick lines if you look close and know how to handle a rig. I might even try purgatory this year (on 31's haha) if I can beef up a couple things on the underside of my Jeep. That place can change pretty fast so we shall see..:naughty:

Maybe instead of music, you could fade your music of choice in and out with the natural sound of engine/tires cameraman talking. Hearing things bang on rocks and engines hitting the rev-limiter has a beautiful tone. :beerbang:
we ran part of purgatory on 32's, it wasnt that bad, it just took some skill.

i would have faded the music but the way the camera download it wouldnt download sound.

maybe when i get my new cameras!! should be a better vid next summer with tellico, badlands and moab. kind of the last parade before we all go run off and get married! lol

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
maybe when i get my new cameras!! should be a better vid next summer with tellico, badlands and moab. kind of the last parade before we all go run off and get married! lol
but this time my shits going it! and it will work the hole time! but wher gonna go for week just incase i have to fix it the frist 3 days haha

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
but this time my shits going it! and it will work the hole time! but wher gonna go for week just incase i have to fix it the frist 3 days haha
lol yeah, we will just bring the mobile repair rig and load it with all the spare parts we have! like engines, t cases hoist :miff:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts