Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was our first time out there and we had a blast!

It definitely was an eye opener for me and how difficult it is to wheel on rocks when all you have done before is mud and trails and it was really neat to experience all different types of obstacles on one trail.

I bashed up my rockers,drip edge and blew a shock mount off my rear axle but everything else held up flawlessly, considering i had just my hp44 and 9 inch swap.

Grant blew the coil out of the bucket like 6 times and blew a serpentine belt and a front brake line, the spider gears also took a shit at the end of the day, i think...

specs:
green xj:
4.5" lift, rustys coils and springs, homemade long arms and xmemeber.
hp44 locked, chromo shafts, yukon supper joints, waggy width
ford 9 inch, posi and stock shafts
32 inch tires.

red xj:
7" lift, 4.5 rustys coild with adj. spacer, 4.5 springs with
1.75 shackle
johny joint 3 link, high clearence xmember
hp44 open, chromo shafts, waggy width, ctm style joint...help me out grant..
35" tires, chry. 8.25 with detroit

we took it fairly easy, since it was our first time out with the new stuff, but we still tore some stuff up

my cousin playing in the giant corn

my busted to hell rocker

grant trying to figure out what was making noise

my little cousin taking my jeep around for a spin in the quarry

Grant should be posting up more pictures later.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet pictures! That place is a blast.

Did you guys run purgatory?
yeah we ran one side of it, we didnt hit any of the level 5 trials since i didnt have a winch and my buddy wasn't locked in the front.

·
Go lil yellow Roobicon...
1,960 Posts
yeah we ran one side of it, we didnt hit any of the level 5 trials since i didnt have a winch and my buddy wasn't locked in the front.
Your rigs would not have had a problem running those trails, but since it was your first time there and you had no winches probably a good reason to wait til next time.

The quarry has the toughest trails in the park.

Nice pics....I do love that place :thumb:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your rigs would not have had a problem running those trails, but since it was your first time there and you had no winches probably a good reason to wait til next time.

The quarry has the toughest trails in the park.

Nice pics....I do love that place :thumb:
yeah the quarry definitely rocked! lol we spent a day and a half screwing around on the rocks

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks like a good time!
yeah i finally found the culverts that you couldn't find! lol, you just go straight where you would turn for the quarry and you drive right over them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts