Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
42,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my build thread. Today I stripped down everything that will be custom, including the back fenders and the side metal.

I've done a lot of work mechanically to this, and it runs just like it came off the lot. Idles down to 380RPM's, runs smooth at 1400RPM's. 8HP single cylinder Kohler. 8 Speed gear box. Hauls ass for a little single cylinder tractor.

·
Covered in mud...
17,916 Posts
You understand that to actaully cut grass, you need to give it more than 1/4 throttle, right?

I miss my old snapper rear engine 8hp, pulled great wheelies :(

·
I'll Finsh One, One Day
2,371 Posts
wonder if you can walk more then 50' without using your inhaler.
Kinda low blow

But yea. My old mower was all decked out to. Painted it up pretty nice two tone, put tail lights in it, even had blue neons under it. Trans ended up going out in it. Actully pulled the motor today, guy from work is buying it

·
rack tap re-rack click
13,502 Posts
Wheel Horse didn't start making the Raider until 68 and then it was only a 6speed gearbox and besides the body work screams early 70's...funny you are doing this I started my tractor build in the winter! hahaha

42,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wheel Horse didn't start making the Raider until 68 and then it was only a 6speed gearbox and besides the body work screams early 70's...funny you are doing this I started my tractor build in the winter! hahaha
shit, its a 72, not a 62. I fat fingered the subject line.

Its an 8 speed gearbox. I just ordered up a complete NOS suspension kit! Also ordered some t-case parts, the seals, etc.

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
I remember when TNN used to have the cool Friday night line ups of monster trucks, rodeo's and lawn tractor racing, I think you should pimp that thing for some high speed mowing.

42,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I remember when TNN used to have the cool Friday night line ups of monster trucks, rodeo's and lawn tractor racing, I think you should pimp that thing for some high speed mowing.
Wheel horse parts are pretty tough to find. A lot of googling to try and find parts have yielded some pretty sweet racing tractors. :sonicjay:

·
rack tap re-rack click
13,502 Posts
I think it's a build off then...I rebuilt my gear box, CHip Wheeler sand blasted every thing for me and put a 12hp instead of the 8hp...I don't have a mover deck for mine though. Hopefully I'll have mine done soon, it's only been like 6months...hahahah! this is how mine started...64 Wheelhorse Lawnranger

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts