Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i went up north to screw around on some property with my cherokee about a month ago and i noticed when i got back i was leaking fluid above my pitman arm. it would leak then stop for a while its weird. then last week my car starts to make a grinding noise when i turn right, there is no noise when i turn left. but while driving strait you can here a slight grinding noise. can anyone help me out? feel free to ask any questions. thanks for your time

jim

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
have u kept the steeting fluid full since?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
ok i went up north to screw around on some property with my cherokee about a month ago and i noticed when i got back i was leaking fluid above my pitman arm. it would leak then stop for a while its weird.
Have you checked your power steering fluid since then??? if it "WAS" leaking, and then stopped, then that might mean that it's empty. not that it's weird. :sonicjay: also check the power steering lines and possibly the power steering box. you could have developed a leak around the lower seal just above the pitman arm.

then last week my car starts to make a grinding noise when i turn right, there is no noise when i turn left. but while driving strait you can here a slight grinding noise. can anyone help me out? feel free to ask any questions. thanks for your time

jim
what kind of "CAR"??? :tonka:

without knowing what kind of car, it'll be a little harder to give you suggestions, but i've seen bad wheelbearings/unibearings make noise going straight and one direction, but go away turning the other direction. it's because you shift the load on the bearing depending which direction you turn. I would try to put the front end securely on jackstands and then start by turning the tires by hand and see if you can duplicate the noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts