Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This Weekend we are having our second annual Bad Azz Truck Expo at the Ionia fairgrounds in Ionia Michigan.

Last year we had approx 300 trucks and 3500 spectators, this year will be bigger yet.

Info is available here:
www.badazztruckexpo.com

There will be a Rock Crawl, Mud Bog, Show and Shine, Truck Pull (several different classes), Burn Out competition, Dirt Drags, Obstacle Course, Live Band on Saturday night.
On site camping is available.

Here is a link to some of last years pics.
http://www.badazztruckexpo.com/news.htm

And here is the link to he schedule:
http://www.badazztruckexpo.com/toc.htm

And here are some of the obstacles that we are building for this year. We have a few more that we are still working on.

This pic doesn't do this challenge justice, The large tires are about 12 foot in diameter, and almost 4 foot tall when laying on their side. The little tires are about 6 foot in diameter and almost 3 feet tall. They are a lot of fun to play on, and much harder to navigate than one might think.

·
Support the Sport!
2,015 Posts
I'll be there..... but isn't actually in August on the 18th and 19th????

How about any pics of the rock course? I wouldn't mind a sneak peek:naughty:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Hey RYBO, I most likely will make it on Sunday (but not with the Jeep). I am going to get dropped off from the wedding on our way back. Then there is a guy from work who is gonna bring me home.

·
Thread killer
884 Posts
We were planning on bringing two Jeeps and camping, but the camping 'form' indicates only one vehicle per campsite - is there auxilliary parking?

Also, it says no campfires which is fine, but what about charcoal grills, are they allowed?

TIA

·
Your daily fullsize fix.
540 Posts
is the show-and-shine come and go as you please, or is there a cutoff time to enter? also whats the cost for that?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got home, we spent all day today working on the rockcrawl and a few other obstacles. The rock crawl is the worst/best I've ever seen. I have yet to make it further than 20 feet into it, and no one has made it past the halfway point. I think that tomorrow we will have to rearrange some of the course so that someone at least has a chance.

I hope to post a few pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes to the grills, Yes to the parking, Dirt drags are Sunday and there are several classes from stock to highly modified, all events are $20 except the obstacle course, it is free if you sign up for another event.

It will be a good time. Live band and bonfire on Saturday Night.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts