Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this going down 31 in Muskegon. I can't say I have ever saw a right drive Cherokee before today. I wonder where it came from. Anybody know the story?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts

·
Northwest Ohio Crawlers
248 Posts
One goes by my house everyday delivering the mail. Our rural carrier bought it from the postal department. Also know someone that had one and took it on trail rides up north. Seems like he was always getting in on the wrong side.:sonicjay:

·
Pickup Agent
2,094 Posts
When our mail lady got a newer one, she had me swap over the rhd controls. The setup on hers uses a V-belt and pulleys for the steering, and levers/linkage to operate the pedals. It looks bootyfab as hell. Next time it comes in for repair, I'll get some pics.

Never mind, Google FTW.

Attachments

·
Can't Worry About It
1,070 Posts
you can get a brand new jk in rhd, but you have to be a mail carrier to order one, i tried at my old dealer ship

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Yeah I've seen a few of those, around Fair Haven/Algonac area I believe I've seen RHD TJs as well.
One of the Pontiac sites I'm on there's a few owners of original RHD first gen Firebirds and others, of course they live in Australia and stuff.

·
"The Situation"
14,415 Posts
When our mail lady got a newer one, she had me swap over the rhd controls. The setup on hers uses a V-belt and pulleys for the steering, and levers/linkage to operate the pedals. It looks bootyfab as hell. Next time it comes in for repair, I'll get some pics.

Never mind, Google FTW.
im not totally sold on the idea of a belt being used for the steering.. :poke:

I think id rather see a chain and sprocket set up there

·
Registered
269 Posts
i just seen a new JK a couple days ago at the grocery store! the lady popped out of the wrong side, it took me a couple of seconds to figure it out! it was different man!

·
Pickup Agent
2,094 Posts
im not totally sold on the idea of a belt being used for the steering.. :poke:

I think id rather see a chain and sprocket set up there
With the size of the pulleys, there is plenty of surface area. The problem is the tiny bearings in the flimsey stock steering column. They are not meant for that kind of side load. And reaching the turn signals.

·
$9.00 vanilla malt
2,773 Posts
Postal Jeeps are lame.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts