Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The Boss
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dog found playing with baby bunny, eyes not open yet. not sure where it lives and its not injured....

·
The Boss
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i knew that was going to come up and was about to say something about that.. haha.

but no.. they aren't pests and i'm not killing it.. on purpose at least

·
The Boss
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if anyone thinks they can take care of it from this young they are welcome to. I dont know if its too young because its eyes arent open yet.

·
The Boss
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
please tell me you havnt touched them yet?!

unforuntatly to get it out of harms way we had to... :(
nothing could be done about that. found nest, not sure if its the correct one or not, looked like the dog had dug it out. no others to be found but its in there calm now....

sad reality its prob a goner, but I'd hope not.

·
Get off my lawn.
3,692 Posts
unforuntatly to get it out of harms way we had to... :(
I thought that whole touching a baby animal thing was bullshit?

Regardless....

Rabbits
1 lg. can tomatoes, mashed
1 onion, chopped
Curry powder to taste

Parboil rabbits, cut in pieces. Drain and dry. Then brown the pieces with salt and pepper to taste. Next prepare mixture using tomatoes, onions, curry powder, salt and pepper. Add browned rabbit pieces to mixture and stew at low temperature for 3 to 4 hours. Thicken juice with flour and water for the gravy. Meat will fall off the bones.

·
sim sim balla bim
1,542 Posts
Seriuosly man, just go set it in the woods and forget about it. I get alot of bunnies around here, two got caught in my mower deck so far this year. It is pretty nasty.

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
i bet you ate it....

·
Master Cocksman
8,820 Posts
My dog did that when I was little with 2 bunnies.. We nursed them until they got big, put them in a house in the woods, and every summer they would come hang out in the back yard.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts