Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Gustafson
10,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this probably will go sideways in a hurry, but.....

We recently found out that the bun in the oven is another boy, so here we go again with the name game... I am very traditional; Liking names like Thomas, Matthew, Henry, Daniel, Nicholas, etc. She is less traditional; Liking names like Everett, Harrison, Lucas, Rory, Grayson, Frasier, Jackson, etc.

Any one have any suggestions? Our current sons name is Andrew, so something that goes with that would be nice.

·
Yooper In Training
7,571 Posts
Congrats again!! Knowing your last name would help with the suggestions, I don't think people are going to suggest the name James if your last name is James for example. I'm partial to Sean(me) and Logan(my son).

·
I'll Direc your TV
9,250 Posts
Which is funny...cause I think her names actually are the more "traditional" names of years ago. lol

I vote Daniel.

You can't use Everett, that's like Meredith or Clay. You only get to use that name if you 50+ years old and like yelling at young kids. Nobody is actually born and given those names. There's no 4 year old Gertrude's running around for a reason.

·
Project Antitube
1,246 Posts
Dammit Bell

Try to pick a semi-normal name. I think cutesie stuff is played out going by all the gen zeds at my work that go by their more normal middle name.

·
Gustafson
10,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dammit Bell

Try to pick a semi-normal name. I think cutesie stuff is played out going by all the gen zeds at my work that go by their more normal middle name.
Yeah, I want something that has been around and will be around. Not this flash in the pan, hot for a second trendy shit.

She keeps pushing hard for Harrison, I just don't like it....

·
I'm not old, honest...
31,062 Posts
My dad's name is Clarence Jr and since he was a jr, all his siblings called him Sonny. My mom's name was Marvel. Both hated their names so they named their two boys Jeff and Jim. If you name your kid some odd or trendy name, take into account they may not think it to be as cute as you do. Especially if they get picked on because of it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Congratulations winning the baking competition!

I vote for a family name, maybe the name of a relative that has passed on already. I don't want to be any more specific, a name is a personal thing. I don't feel right telling someone to name their son Brad, or Jim, or Joe Bob.

I always enjoy a little creativity, but with naming kids, it's got to be something sane. They're going to have to live with your choice for their whole lives, and don't forget that someday they'll be picking your nursing home. Do your kids a favor and give them normal names.

·
Desert Rat
7,523 Posts
Yeah, I want something that has been around and will be around. Not this flash in the pan, hot for a second trendy shit.

She keeps pushing hard for Harrison, I just don't like it....
You have to admit “Buster Bell” has a nice ring to it…

I had a friend who name his boys Dakota and Nevada, last named Smith. Sounded like they walked out of an old western movie.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,953 Posts
Congrats!!!!

Taco sounds like the winner so far.

But in all seriousness, I agree with the above saying not to give him a name that gets him picked on or is a PIA to have as an adult.

Reactions: aber61

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
My boy is Colton with Colt for short works well for us. I like a easy name to shorten, makes life easier when you need to holler at him quick.

I am Robert at work and in my professional life, but outside of work I am Bob.

Congrats on the little one !!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts