Happy,happy,joy,joy
2,901 Posts
fuse

·
Irish R&B Singer
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fuses are good.....well sorta
i've never had a fuse in my running lights spot cause if i put one in my headlights just turn on and off on their own...confused me and was like that when i got it so i left it out......but this is the first time in 2 years its happened to me.....someone told me once that canadian jeeps had something in them where when u turned on the jeep the headlights automaticly turned on.....and mine is canadian but it does it even when the jeep is off so i just left it out

·
Get off my lawn.
3,692 Posts
I have the exact opposite problem. I'll be driving down the road and my headlights will go out. It's quiet a bitch.

·
Irish R&B Singer
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the exact opposite problem. I'll be driving down the road and my headlights will go out. It's quiet a bitch.
i just got off the phone with one of my buddys and he said he replaced his head light switch and his problems went away......

o and correction for the coment about.....every now and then when i turn the lights on the dash lights and running lights didn't come on so i would just give the dash a wack and they would come on....he had the same problem.....so im thinkin that may just be my problem now

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,824 Posts
i just got off the phone with one of my buddys and he said he replaced his head light switch and his problems went away......

o and correction for the coment about.....every now and then when i turn the lights on the dash lights and running lights didn't come on so i would just give the dash a wack and they would come on....he had the same problem.....so im thinkin that may just be my problem now
Sounds like a bad ground or connection somewhere.

·
Irish R&B Singer
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmm....maybe.....im at work (have nothingn going on right now) and im to lazy to go out there and look......but sooner or later prolly in the next 10 to 15 ill go and look for something

i still gotta run to metro tonight too

·
Irish R&B Singer
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
thats a negatory ghost rider, the patern is full.....

found out what it was......because the fuse isn't in the running lights spot they ran a jumper from the headlights to the running lights to give them power when the headlights are on.....yeah they just jamed the wire into the back of the plug on the switch instead of splicein it in the right way and it was loose......now its done right until i can get the painless harness...:thumb:

·
Jeeper
412 Posts
FYI

Canadian vehicles require DRLs its a National regulation. When you shift into drive they headlights should come on 80%. Most people forget to activate their headlights at dusk and end up driving around with their daytime running lights only and not the marker lights. A select few figure out how to bypass all this and activate the markers with the DRLs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.