Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a new set of ATV tires for the Polaris 800. There's a ton of different ones out there, and all of them claim to be the best...just like automotive tires lol

Looking at these for the price, and they're the same as the high priced Bighorn tires that good reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N29QRZD/?coliid=IN6KT6FQ6A9O&colid=3O9KK3M5MSWXV&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I don't need some big mud slinger tires, most mud I see will be nothing that any regular tire can't handle on an 800. Just want something to look good, and have good grip all around. These seem to fit the bill, plus they're almost half the price. They have good reviews on amazon, but online some people have said they start to tear apart for the off-brand tires. Any experience?

I don't really want or need to go any bigger in tire size, I like where it's at now. Thought about throwing a lift on the ATV...but again, no real need to and I don't think I'd like it as much. Right now it has 26x8x12 on the front and 26x9x12 on the rear. A little skinnier tires on the rear, which I actually like cause it really helps traction in the snow. Would be fine going to a 11" wide in the rear though, since that's what's supposed to be on it.

Any other tires I should be looking at?

·
LS Powered
825 Posts
I’ve put the massfx brand tires on every atv we’ve had for the last 5-6 yrs. They hold up and perform just like the name brands. I’ve been real happy with them.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I put Kenda Bearclaws on my Rancher 350 13 years ago and they are still rolling. I think now they might be a little more than your tires in the link. Maybe 70-$75 each. They have done it all from rocks to sand to mud. Never an issue. I have not been a fan of Carlisle. A buddy had them and wore out quick. Just my experience. That’s all.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well...sounds like i'm gonna buy a set though. Too good a deal, and what you two said lines up with the majority of the reviews.

I should just swap over the tires I have now; but i kinda want to put a new on the wheels lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts