Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I have an avatar. Yippee.
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Approximately 7AM this morning, some asshole rear-ended my wife's Expedition and fled the scene. The driver was traveling southbound on Exeter Rd at a VERY high rate of speed. My wife (12-weeks pregnant and my 2yr old was in the truck) was turning left on to Sigler when the car tried to pass her on the shoulder. The car's driver front corner clipped her passenger rear bumper. The intersection is littered with headlight glass, trim, and a couple small parts from the schmuck. Wife and child (as of now) OK, but wife is getting checked out at the doctor. I pray that the stress of this event doesn't cause a miscarriage.

My wife's truck appears to have sustained minimal damage. The other car must have sustained heavy damage. I heard the impact from inside our house ~300' from the intersection. All my wife could tell me about the car was that it is small and grey/silver. Monroe County Sherriff has been notified, Carleton PD has been notified, and I'm combing the area tonight.

If I had to guess, I'd say the car is late '80s-early '90s. The headlight was thick glass- like the style that has a modern serviceable lamp/filament that attaches from behind- not the full old-school replacement bulbs. The grill, fender, and hood have to be toast. Any help/info is appreciated. :beer:

·
Registered
847 Posts
wtf. Who the hell is in that much of a hurry that shit like that is considered even justifiable?

Someone catch that assfuck before s/he kills someone.

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
I pray that driver wraps his car around a tree.

I also hope everything with your wife and child check out ok at the doc's.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I'll keep an eye out for any car matching that description.

You might want to check the Highschool parking lot.... Prime time for a kid to be rushing to school.

Mr. Beardsly (sp) is my ex's godfather. So I'll go that route, if I see any suspicious cars.

·
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll keep an eye out for any car matching that description.

You might want to check the Highschool parking lot.... Prime time for a kid to be rushing to school.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. I've notified a close friend who teaches at AHS. If it were an AHS student, I'm sure she'll hear something through the grapevine.

Thanks for the well wishes, folks! :beerbang:

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
I pray that driver wraps his car around a tree.

I also hope everything with your wife and child check out ok at the doc's.

Actually, I hope c0rnfed finds them first. He's gonna call some ****** up to bring over a blowtorch and get midieval on the perp's ass.

-oh, and then I'll give the buttsecksing.

·
Registered
283 Posts
...and I'm combing the area tonight.
The CJ of Death is mobile again so if we need to get old school and wrap my winch cable around this kid's neck, you have my phone number.

Fingers crossed that the wife checks out alright. :thumb:

·
I got a gold chain
16,445 Posts
X2 on the wife and new baby being ok.

I agree with the highschool parking lot search.

If that is the case, a few guys waiting by the car for an after school social would be fun.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
AHS has not started yet, There first day of School is tomorrow. man I must drive by your house 4 times a week. I live on Carleton west RD. By Colf. I will keep and eye out. Hope your wife and Baby are fine. I know what your are going threw. My wife and I were Rearend when she was 6 months along. I wanted to kill the guy that hit us. When he found out she was 6 months along he ran and hid from me.

·
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AHS has not started yet, There first day of School is tomorrow. man I must drive by your house 4 times a week. I live on Carleton west RD. By Colf. I will keep and eye out. Hope your wife and Baby are fine. I know what your are going threw. My wife and I were Rearend when she was 6 months along. I wanted to kill the guy that hit us. When he found out she was 6 months along he ran and hid from me.

Yea, there are not many houses or roads between you and I. Not many cars continue south past Sigler. I was bummed to learn that AHS started tomorrow. If it were a student, maybe they were headed to SMCC or MCCC. Eh, we'll see what tomorrow brings. If the person was in a major hurry at 7AM, they'll probably not be in so much of a hurry at 6:30-6:45AM. Sounds like a good time to hang out in the front yard with a camera and the dog.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yep, that is what I would be doing. I am not going to be out that early, but I will be at the road around 8:00 am with my girls get them on the bus. I will keep an Eye out.

·
Your Message Here
5,856 Posts
Told the wife to keep her eyes open while in the area.

She has 2-3 home visits to do today, so she's in the car a fair bit.

Glad to hear everyone's OK.

Call me when the blanket party's scheduled.

·
Premium Member
6,223 Posts
Think you could contact a few body shops around the area too and ask them to keep an eye out? Best wishes for your wife and kid.

·
Countryboy
1,599 Posts
No license plate number that sucks. Good luck with your wife hope all is ok. Willis is 20 minutes due northwest of Carelton I will keep my eyes peeled, as I travel all over the countryside this time of year goose hunting.

·
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This might be a longshot but could you take any pics of what the car left behind?

I could, but it wouldn't do much good. I've taken some other precautionary measures which I'm not going in to detail until the person is apprehended or the trail goes cold.

*whistles innocently*

1 - 20 of 27 Posts