Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
I got a gold chain
16,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the recent posts about the need for permits to have a simple trail ride, I'm curious why more people here are not members of organizations like GLFWDA. http://www.glfwda.org/forum/index.php

Do you folks realize that there are really only a handful of people that truely fight, at the government level, to keep our trails open?

I know this isn't a fun topic, like who is recieving anal from who this weekend, but it is important.
By joining, no one is forcing you to drive to Lansing to attend meetings. But your membership helps show those that do attend the meetings that they have X amount of people behind them.

As far as cost, it's $35.00 to make a difference.
The first person that says they are a poor college student and can't afford it, I'm going to make it my personal mission to kick you in the balls the next time I see you. Just about everyone here will spend that much on beer this weekend.:stan:

So if it's to much trouble for you to write a letter or sign a petition, at least support the people that are fighting for you by joining GLFWDA.
I can't begin to tell you guys how much personal time and effort some of the members put in to keep what little trails we have left open.

If enough people join, myself, CC or Sol Goode will offer one wrister.
More than likely it will be Sol Goode.
Thats well worth $35.00.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
just my .02, but my club attend every friends of the forrest meeting and we've been working with the two trackers on gps'ing the manistee trail system. It is an uphill battle, but all the bitching and no helping is making it that much more difficult, join up, join a club and open our trails.

·
Premium Member
22,634 Posts
GLFWDA +1...........................i joined last year, i had the same excuses i cannot afford to.............you know what i went cheap on beer for month or two and saved enough to buy my membership, i still drank just bought cheaper stuff its that little of a cost in the long haul. Take some can back or don't buy the pop from the vending machine for a few days.

·
Dont Feed the Cyco
17,302 Posts
J/K have been a member for a few years. This is a good reminder to check and see if I am still a current member. I will be renewing if not current.

Do I still get a wrister if I was already signed up?

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
I was a poor college student , now I am just lazy

I'll sign up when I get home

·
I got a gold chain
16,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
and besides eventually you'll get a cool icon under your screen name showing your a GLFWDA member
Don't forget the sticker.
Your rig will go much faster and not get stuck as much with the sticker on it.:thumb: :sonicjay:

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,939 Posts
I'm already a member. I also encourage EVERYBODY to help out.

Plus, why are not more clubs that I see on the bottom of this web forum not associate clubs?

1 - 20 of 153 Posts