Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Also, did anyone catch the news about playgrounds spontaneously catching fire and burning to the ground? Something about the wood chips they use for bedding and moisture/heat/sunlight. CNN had a video of one that proved beyond a doubt that its not arson.

42,949 Posts
Didn't all of you old people grow up eating lead paint from the walls in your bedroom?

America's turning into a pussy invested nation.

oh no.. a little lead paint. waaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't all of you old people grow up eating lead paint from the walls in your bedroom?

Are you not the one stating that the old people have some Problums??

Yea we lost a bunch of kids back then from it too. Point is this company is trusted by the american public for safty in there toys and they let China make them without knowing it had lead paint and mag. that could kill them.
Big Screw up on Matell.

And when and if you ever reproduce... we will see if these issues mean more to you.

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
While saddening and unfortunate to happen I know why these companies are forced to have stuff made in china. I didn't hear anyone calling for dollar stores to burn in hell because of the chinese toothpaste people were getting sick from.

I stick to my guns on common sense buying toys for my kid. I take responsibility for what I buy.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you're stupid:rock:

lets get this stright, you own a landroaver and a Jeep. Are you some spoiled kid from the city that dose not know his ass from a whole in the ground? And think comming on a jeep board tossing around some kind of stupid humor as a game is fun??

I think you Ma Ma is calling you little boy....

:)tonka: ):poke:

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts
Did you all see that the head of Mattel in China killed himself? I think the chinese government killed him b/c of this scandal.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Did you all see that the head of Mattel in China killed himself? I think the chinese government killed him b/c of this scandal.
This seems to be a common solution over there. The manager of the plant involved "commits suicide" after a big scandal. Reminds me of the internet rumors about all those people that orbited the Clintons that ended up dead over the years. :sonicjay:

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
fuck mattel!!! I am soooo sick of their shit. if it is not one thing it is another.
My daughter is huge into Justice League and she has all the toys, the jet, the watchtower, like 86 action figures we play with. well a while back the head fell off vixen and the paint on Dr. light's boots was coming off. these two are harder to find so I called mattel. they told me they could do nothing about it. I said bullshit there is no reason why the paint should be coming off. "mattel rep told me it happens if they are played with a lot." I said look bitch, my daughter dropped her wonder woman figure and it got caught under the wheel of her tricycle and the paint didn't come off. yada, yada, yada i emailed pics to her and she said "they would send me a voucher for the cost of the two figures and that I would receive it in 40-60 days." I told her to fuck off, glued the head back on vixen with loctite plastic glue, and used white model paint to fix dr. light's boots. Daughter was happy. 1 week later I get an envelope in the mail from mattel and it was a $5 voucher for any mattel product. This enraged me even more. I dialed that cunt back at mattel and asked what I was going to to with this. this wouldn't even cover the cost of 1 figure, let alone the 3 packs those figures came in at the time each costing $10.99. "she said that you can explain to your daughter that it is unfortunate but she has $5 to put towards another toy." SHE DOESN'T WANT ANOTHER FUCKING TOY SHE WANTS TO PLAY WITH HER JUSTICE LEAGUE FIGURES. I will tell her that mattel is a bunch of bastards who see no problem in treating a 5 year old girl with a broken toy like a piece of garbage. "that's not true sir" well sure looks like it to me. My mom hears this story cause I am enfuriated and calls back to mattel and screams holy hell and we get another $2 mattel voucher. WOO HOO $7 total. I take my daughter out on a saturday to look for toys we can put the vouchers to. she finds a wonder woman barbie. we go the the register and the fucking store will not accept the mattel vouchers not even with the letter from mattel that explained what the vouchers were for. so I had to pay full price for the barbie and go back a deal with mattel. my wife called mattel yesterday and they said we had to send back all the magnetic polly pocket toys (quite a few she has) and they will send us the illustrious voucher for more mattel products. I have seen this movie before. assholes.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
why wouldn't toys r us accept the vouchers? I'd call them up and bitch at them too.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts

sorry, but i was kinda thinking the same thing. i'm only 25, and i actually remember the first house i grew up in having lead paint and other stuff lead. i turned out ok......i think. but seriously though. people survived those times. and besides, it did help "thin out the herd". yes i know i sound like a total ass hole, but seriously. the human race is getting weaker, wimpier and more retarded with every day. what happened to natural selection and survival of the strongest to keep the race alive??? nowadays it seems like almost every second child has something wrong with them. even a bunch of people that i know with multiple kids have 1 kid with something wrong.

even on the discovery channel i once heard a remark that the human race is the only living creature that actually tries to keep the week,sick and old alive. every other species throws them out to keep the predators busy and so they don't slow down the heard.

everybody complains about health care being so expensive. but i think if we started acting more like every other animal and go with natural selection and survival of the strongest, then there would be alot less people that need us to pay for their healthcare. i'm sure it would be much cheaper if 100 people weren't buying healthcare for 1000 other people.

·
Registered
263 Posts
FUCK IT...Send thes toys to third world countrys. If I were a kid I would rather have toys with led paint than no toys at all.

No comments about playing with myself!...

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
holy hell overland put some spaces in your rants

and Miff is Mike Hancho also CC? If not you were bitching at the wrong guy.

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Sadly, the manufacturer will probably send these lead-based paint covered toys to countries that have more lax safety standards. :(

Craig

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
My GI Joes had rubber bands that I could choke on. They also hurt like hell if they got stuck on your finger and had to cut them off.

There has been NUMEROUS saftey warnings about buying toys with small magnets for kids. There has been for years, so please, don't bitch about having to return a toy because of a magnet saftey issue.

Most companies IMO handle these things pretty dilegently.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts