Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many of you are still doing stuff now that fuel prices have dropped and the economy is the tank? I have been doing a plan with the wife to clean up debt and take out unnessary stuff. how are you guys doing?

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
Nope, went back to driving 75 mph in the Diesel. MPG's are down to 16 from 20 but I get where I'm going a lot faster.

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
We went out and bought another SUV.

However we did buy 4 CFL's for the house. Does that count?

·
Dont Feed the Cyco
17,302 Posts
Are you still being Green?
Are you talking just about gas consumption? If so then I was never green. I let my vehicles run for ever in my driveway every morning while I get ready. Sometimes for up to 2 hours.

Now if you mean all aspects then I guess my answer is a little different. We had to go and buy a 2nd recycle container and might need a 3rd.

We recycle more than we put in the garbage. Some weeks we can skip taking the garbage out but need to dump our recycle 2 or more times in a week.

·
The Man Myth And Legend
5,133 Posts
been taking more trips up north to go snowmobiling....and been driving the truck a hell of alot more

·
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
8,054 Posts
still try to drive less, make least amount of trips as neccesary. plan on driving a moped this summer.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
still try to drive less, make least amount of trips as neccesary. plan on driving a moped this summer.
Are you trying to save money or save the planet?

Global warming is a lie, you know that right? Carbon offsets = Bull

The "green" movement must die!!!!

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Sold the motorcycle, trying to save as much money for the wedding and other future plans. I'm also trying to cut out spending money on dumb crap we don't need.

Katie and I have also become somewhat of coupon freaks. Since June just doing that has saved us about $300-$400.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The wife and I are also clearing out debt. I took a second job to help pay off bills. Still drive a POS to work rather than the Jeep unless the weather is really bad. CFLs in all light sockets. Dont go out to dinner or the bars more than 1x a month (helps that it is REALLY cold here in St Paul). Netflix has been great this winter!

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
my lifestyle has not changed due to gas prices or the economy.

·
Young Gun..!
2,977 Posts
Lies, all lies. Man has not warmed the globe, sorry.
Why are the ice glaciers melting, for shits and gigs..

I have changed a little i do 73-75 on the HW cause the truck gets the best MPGs like 18-20 (cummins) but when i hit 77-80 i seem to see a big drop to about 16.. and my grand cherokee '03 gets about 17 on the HW at any speed with the V8..

·
Young Gun..!
2,977 Posts
But to addd ^^^ my macroeconomics professor says that in these times we should save our money cause we need to buy buy buy to help the economy, saving and not spending kills it so i quess my build on the jeep is good than cause i have no money to my name (well like 200 bucks) but every week its a new part for the jeep. lol

·
what dreams are made of
468 Posts
i have enough trees in my back yard to offset 6 tons of carbon a week threw carbon sequestration i only produce 20 tons a year explain globe warming and why i need to buy carbon credits???

·
I like trees
5,795 Posts
Yup trucks put away for the winter :( and during the summer I quit driving it back and fourth to work.Pretty much drive my Chevy Lumina all time for none wheeling activities.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts