Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Bird is my bitch
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 05 Liberty for my DD and the doors all lock when you step on the gas. Is there a way to disable this feature?
I can't stand it when I get somewhere and try to get something out of the back and it is locked. I leave my keys in the car (on purpose) alot out here and it is a pain to have to walk around again to unlock everything, especially when hands are full.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
End nerd persecution
2,248 Posts
Does it have a DIC (Driver Information Center) option. If so, you may be able to change vehicle settings through there (IE. Door locking options, how long your lights stay on when you enter/exit the vehicle).

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
i think you can program all the doors to unlock when you open up a front door. it should say something about that in the owners manual.

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Unlocking everything when you put it in park was always something I thought to be dangerous and never understood why they would leave that as the default. I think that's GM only, though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.