Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Bird is my bitch
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 05 Liberty for my DD and the doors all lock when you step on the gas. Is there a way to disable this feature?
I can't stand it when I get somewhere and try to get something out of the back and it is locked. I leave my keys in the car (on purpose) alot out here and it is a pain to have to walk around again to unlock everything, especially when hands are full.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Custom User Title
8,287 Posts
I think that you can take it to a dealship and they can do it. I beleive they hook it to a comp and do it.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Try messing with the overhead compass/console, some of the options can be adjusted through there on certain vehicles.

·
End nerd persecution
2,248 Posts
Does it have a DIC (Driver Information Center) option. If so, you may be able to change vehicle settings through there (IE. Door locking options, how long your lights stay on when you enter/exit the vehicle).

·
Bird is my bitch
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have the DIC or overhead console thing. It is just a basic sport model.
Thanks all, I will check with a dealer one of these days to see about getting it reprogrammed.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
i think you can program all the doors to unlock when you open up a front door. it should say something about that in the owners manual.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I would love to figure out a way of turning off the dinger when the seat belt is not engaged!! My truck you just have to push the seatbelt reciever button and it turns off.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
If you ahve the overhead console, you should be able to do it through that, Otherwise, you need to have your dealer do it for you....

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I would love to figure out a way of turning off the dinger when the seat belt is not engaged!! My truck you just have to push the seatbelt reciever button and it turns off.

there is a way to disable that dinger. and it works on EVERY vehicle with a seat belt reminder.

PUT YOUR SEATBELT ON. :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

·
End nerd persecution
2,248 Posts
there is a way to disable that dinger. and it works on EVERY vehicle with a seat belt reminder.

PUT YOUR SEATBELT ON. :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

x2.......Airbags are supplemental restraints and don't replace seatbelts. :poke: Crap....I sound like my parents :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts