Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Just watched "the Power of 10"......19 year old won 1 Million on the premire show....Backed out trying for 10 million..Good thing ! He would have lost.

just wondered if anyone has won Big money..

Where do the TV stations get that much money to give away..I know commercials...But thats alot of money !:confused:

·
I got a gold chain
16,445 Posts
Just watched "the Power of 10"......19 year old won 1 Million on the premire show....Backed out trying for 10 million..Good thing ! He would have lost.

just wondered if anyone has won Big money..

Where do the TV stations get that much money to give away..I know commercials...But thats alot of money !:confused:

They may also be insured.

I know when you see a new car offered for a hole in one in a golf outing, the people putting on the event have purchased an insurance policy against it. No one has donated a new car to them.

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
They do genuinely want you to win and for the policy to pay off. It is good press for them and as Stan said, insured so they were paying regardless.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
This title needs to be edited.

I once won a BMX bike at the Moose Club.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
You should of read the background of Pepsi's play for a billion game a few years back. Man, the odds at winning that were downright impossible.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My sister in law was at a tapping of the Price is Right a month before Bob Barker retired......She said that the Set was very old and cheezy...and the studio was a lot smaller then it looks on TV.

·
Full taste of tender
5,373 Posts
i won a 1GB flashdrive at the xmas party :tonka: with CCs tickets
im pretty sure thats the only thing ive ever won

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
My sister in law was at a tapping of the Price is Right a month before Bob Barker retired......She said that the Set was very old and cheezy...and the studio was a lot smaller then it looks on TV.
was bob tapping the chics from the price is right in front of everyone? Or did they do it behind the curtains of the show case show down?

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
the shows with big payouts are usually done with insurance policies. Likeo who wants to be a millionaire, etc..

·
Custom User Title
8,287 Posts
They may also be insured.

I know when you see a new car offered for a hole in one in a golf outing, the people putting on the event have purchased an insurance policy against it. No one has donated a new car to them.
X2343. For our golf outing, it cost us $200 to cover a 1,000,000 dollar hole.

i won a 1GB flashdrive at the xmas party :tonka: with CCs tickets
im pretty sure thats the only thing ive ever won
I got the sausage and cheese tray.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK I won't fix my last post..."Tapping".....just so you can understand my sister in law was at a tapeing.

Yes.Bob Barker Tapped most of the Models on the "Plinko Board"...!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts