Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Which steering box brace would you rather run?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
No Money = No Fun
7,898 Posts
I have one. I don't know what your exactly trying to get at about if it's worth it or not though. It is an upgrade that can protect you from causing lots of damage if you rip the steering box off of the frame rail. So if you want to help prevent that, then sure it's worth it.

·
AAA GOLD ROCKS!!!!!
8,512 Posts
I have a M.O.R.E. brace, C-Rok inner plate, and a outer I made out of 3/16" sheet steal. If you can afford it do them both. Also, JKS makes a really nice setup, but you'll need to weld them on.

If this is for a Jeep, have you looked at the ones from Tomken Machine?
IMO Tomken Machine is junk.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i have one, i just have to modify it to fit. its not b/c of the part, i had a little collision w/ a car last year..:teehee:

·
Premium Member
4,562 Posts
I have a M.O.R.E. brace, C-Rok inner plate, and a outer I made out of 3/16" sheet steal. If you can afford it do them both. Also, JKS makes a really nice setup, but you'll need to weld them on.

i agree tomken is junk.

·
Premium Member
4,562 Posts
i use rustys and have had no issues yet and i have run the brace on three different jeeps and no problems at all.

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
x2. Can't even find an XJ application on their site. The other applications don't even hold the area of the steering box that really matters, some don't even reach the opposite framerail, and some only attach to the crossmember with a bolt? Tomken was popular in the beginning when there wasn't much else out there, but people have found better ways of engineering parts for the same purposes since then.

I have a M.O.R.E., but have been looking at the C-rok stuff lately.

·
Rad Racing
67 Posts
I have the Rusty's brace on my XJ, and it has definitely helped. Mine had been in a front end collision before buying it, so I'm still finding all the ways it has been tweaked, but adding this brace did make a difference.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
why are you bumping the thread??? what is it that you need to know more about?? make a good educated decision on which one you think will work best

1 - 20 of 22 Posts