Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
U-Joints Fear Me
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any place around Waterford fill Nitro tanks? Finding it hard to find a place around that does. I was thinking Wilson Welding, but they are closed.

·
U-Joints Fear Me
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In case anyone was following this thread, any Scuba Diving place will fill them, as long as they have the correct adapter. The place on Woodward called Rec Diving filled it for $4. I also found out some useful info. You can purchase a large scuba tank and have it filled for only $6 then use it to fill the PB tank several times.

·
meh.
7,816 Posts
FYI that gun only had compressed air through it, be carefull running nitro through it at first.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
nitro and compressed air are basically the same. the air we breathe is 70% nitrogen or something. nitro was used more early on with hp tanks but now it is usually just compressed air.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,873 Posts
nice thing about NITRO is it won't freeze up during cold days. I have had it where it will just shoot ice out of the barrel, not fun when playing a game :( Also i know some guns require nitro so the moisture in the Co2 dosn't mess up the electronics in the guns....

·
U-Joints Fear Me
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FYI that gun only had compressed air through it, be carefull running nitro through it at first.
Yea they are the same when it comes to PB guns. Its either compressed air or Co2. Thanks though :thumb: So far the gun is badass, had to make a custom charger for it, but it works awesome.

·
meh.
7,816 Posts
Yea they are the same when it comes to PB guns. Its either compressed air or Co2. Thanks though :thumb: So far the gun is badass, had to make a custom charger for it, but it works awesome.
There are definitely differences, accuracy speed and what not, but most dont notice them.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
There are definitely differences, accuracy speed and what not, but most dont notice them.
there isn't a noticeable difference, they are both considered a "clean" gas and don't change state when they are compressed.

i've ran nitro compressed air and co2.
you can pretty much run anything off of any of the 3 gasses if you have the right setup.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
C02 is a liquid, and a dirty one at that, any high end marker will need to be ran on compressed air as the delicate electronic selenoids cannot handle the dirty propellant. I still have my tippmann 68 special that runs off c02 siphon tank.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,873 Posts
yes make sure you get an anti-siphone put in. I also liked the valves you can put on the ends... that way you don't get that lound pop when u take the tank off while it sprays yah haha

·
meh.
7,816 Posts
C02 is a liquid, and a dirty one at that, any high end marker will need to be ran on compressed air as the delicate electronic selenoids cannot handle the dirty propellant. I still have my tippmann 68 special that runs off c02 siphon tank.
Thank you.

·
U-Joints Fear Me
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When i said they are the same i was speaking of compressed air and nitrogen. Both are one in the same. I realize that co2 and nitro/compressed air are different, which is why i spent so much time trying to find a place that filled them. Not to mention i already had that nitro tank :tonka:

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
its possiable to run a highend marker on CO2.

you have to use a remote line and a palmer stabilizer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts