Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone im new to the off roading and im looking for anyone in my area to help me get started im currently looking to put a lift on a tracker and dont know where to start so any help would be appreciated thanks

·
extra on the SLOW
662 Posts
I'm in mid-michigan, so I'm not close to you...but I can offer some help

Your tracker has IFS (independant front suspension) and a solid rear axle if I'm not mistaken. You can find a bunch of lift components and such at www.calmini.com

The IFS will limit your lift, so unless you just happen to be an automotive engineer with welding skill, I'd stick to a "bolt on" rig. Trust me, there's alot to be said for the ease of bolt on!

I'd love to help you out with "where to start" but that all depends on what you want to do with it....4x4 only with as much lift as possible, extreme protection/recovery capabilities with large tires? Daily Drive it with the occasional trail? Just for show and no performance? or a mix of semi-daily drive and capable trail rig?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the help id drive it mainly on the road with some small off roading nothing to extreme though all flat around me so the most it will probably be in is a muddy trail on occasion.. its mainly for just driving with the occasional trail and to have a nice look to it

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Yeah, Calmini's a good start. 3" suspension and 3" body lift is their biggest sellers. IIRC, that'll fit 31's, maybe with some trimming (can't remember exactly). They're small and light and I've watched videos of them going other places a YJ / TJ can't go. :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts