Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how many of you have any? I build a 1/6 crawler. 1/2 x1/2 box tube frame, clod axles, steel tube fender...ect....

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
That's sweet...build me one and I'll buy it from you.

·
Registered
703 Posts
i have a 1/6 nylint at home thats 4 linked but all in pieces, i was going to put hobby grade electronics in it. I had a tlt based crawler with junfac chassis and stuff but i just unloaded it on e bay

·
Registered
713 Posts
I used to have a number of them - Clods, TLT's and others. I sold all of them for fullsize stuff. Now I only have a 1/6th Nylint. It can be expensive, but still a whole lot cheaper than fullsize. Looks cool, it is probably a lot better with the clod drivetrain.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I used to have a number of them - Clods, TLT's and others. I sold all of them for fullsize stuff. Now I only have a 1/6th Nylint. It can be expensive, but still a whole lot cheaper than fullsize. Looks cool, it is probably a lot better with the clod drivetrain.
yea, its good with the clods. but its not very scale with them though. but all the wieght is on the axles. I have a set of TXT axles i was going to run, they are beefier than the clods. I have already broke the axle tubes on the clod axles, but i have a set of alum tubes im going to swap out....

lothos, try putting in a lathe motor, and put a 8 or 9 tooth pinion gear on them

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,148 Posts
I have 3 1/6th Nylint's
2 1/16 Nylints
1 emaxx
2 Tmaxx

and if i ever have time plan on building something like you did :)

·
The Man Myth And Legend
5,133 Posts
i have a t maxx but like lothos said i cant get it to run slow enough...how well do your bead locks work???:tonka:

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
one time bones got me a lifted f150 rc for one of my birthdays or christmas
:confused:
i think it was more of a present for bone's to play with.........................

last i checked i was still a girl.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
what exactly is a lathe motor? I have 17 turn doubles, 6 turn triples, 27 turn doubles, etc... in my box of tricks for all the electric rc's I have. Hell, i even have a 9 turn single I use as a race motor in my RS4. Now, couple any of them with maybe a 20+ tooth pinion and yeah maybe I could run slow enough, but the housings I have aren't big enough for such a large pinion. 12 I think is the limit on the Clod axles.

·
Home Sweet Homicide
3,685 Posts
I had an XTM truck with a pretty cool cantilever suspension. It had a bigger nitro motor so it wasn't exactly a crawler. I got out of the RCs when my friend that got me into it passed away.

I will post a pic of it and my buggy when I get home.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts