Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Redneck Poser
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Heil furnace and need a new induction blower. Mine took a shit this morning. I have looked around online and found a few sources but figured I would see if someone here sells parts for them. It is a Fasco brand induction motor. If more information is needed I can get it.

Thanks

·
Redneck Poser
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Furthermore has anyone replaced just the motor on an inducer?

I see the replacement inducer is around $200-300. I can get a replacement motor from Grainger for $80.

·
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
10,938 Posts
Replace the whole unit. Otherwise, you will not have a very fun tie getting it apart to install the housing and blower wheel in the new motor. I never bother with just the motor.

·
Redneck Poser
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually got it apart just fine, but unable to get a replacement motor. I bought a replacement inducer from a company in Owosso. They were $100 cheaper than the average price and I will see it tomorrow.

Thanks for the input

·
Redneck Poser
7,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to pass this information along.

I was quoted by two local sources for the inducer at $340-360. I was also able to find several online from various sources for $320 or so before shipping.

I bought from this company https://www.cshincorporated.com/ and they are based out of Owosso. I almost had her overnight it here and she stopped me and told me do ground and save $30. Over all price delivered to my office was $214.00 including a new capacitor ($3.50).

I would highly recomment if anyone needs any furnace or other motor related items to look these people up and be happy to know you can save money and support a rather local business.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts