Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Good to know. I give my Weber a thorough cleaning every fall, but when theres build up from a previous cook I typically crank it up and burn it off. Good to know this is not an option with a pellet grill / smoker.
Yeah, you can get a back burn into the pellet hopper if it gets out of control. The GMG like mine has a fan that creates positive pressure in the pellet hopper to minimize that, but it has still happened to people.

·
Gustafson
9,046 Posts
Well, I know this thread was started by another user, but thanks to all who posted. I purchased a pellet grill / smoker yesterday and I am very excited to start my new grilling experience.

I went with the original Grilla and got the alpha smoke option.

https://grillagrills.com/grills/grilla-pellet-smoker-grill-2/

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Enjoy. My brother spends many days throughout the summer smoking meats. He does a good job at it. Always tastes great. I'm sure you will be an expert before you know it.

·
Gustafson
9,046 Posts
Enjoy. My brother spends many days throughout the summer smoking meats. He does a good job at it. Always tastes great. I'm sure you will be an expert before you know it.
I've been smoking for a while, just not with pellets. Should be a fun new experience.

Wow that thing looks amazing let me know how you like it in time.

RBB
:thumb:

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
I've been smoking for a while, just not with pellets. Should be a fun new experience.

:thumb:
It's honestly the lazy mans way and I am not ashamed of it. I have not had a bad meal from mine yet just following the basics. I'm no pro, but my family thinks I am. I like doing Pizza's, vegetables (I've smoked frozen veggies even), corn bread etc... you can basically use it like a wood fired oven if you have your temps dialed in.

·
Yooper In Training
7,050 Posts
Good thread. I've been interested in smoking meats for a long time. I loooooove good smoked BBQ but rarely sit still long enough to justify doing it myself.

My wife got me this for my birthday back in February because I decided it'd be perfect to take on camping trips when I actually sit around.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Masterbuilt-MPS-20B-Patio-2-Portable-Propane-Smoker/1000386175

I've used it a bunch already at home. It's definitely limited on size but still does a great job. The propane is super easy and still gets plenty of smoke flavor from the wood chips, but I plan to get a pellet grill sooner or later for home use. Like Greygoose I have a Weber Genesis propane grill that gets lots of use, but more smoking is going to happen as time goes on. This thread will be a big help.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Good thread. I've been interested in smoking meats for a long time. I loooooove good smoked BBQ but rarely sit still long enough to justify doing it myself.

My wife got me this for my birthday back in February because I decided it'd be perfect to take on camping trips when I actually sit around.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Masterbuilt-MPS-20B-Patio-2-Portable-Propane-Smoker/1000386175

I've used it a bunch already at home. It's definitely limited on size but still does a great job. The propane is super easy and still gets plenty of smoke flavor from the wood chips, but I plan to get a pellet grill sooner or later for home use. Like Greygoose I have a Weber Genesis propane grill that gets lots of use, but more smoking is going to happen as time goes on. This thread will be a big help.
I had a Masterbuilt Propane before my GMG, I loved it but mostly used it for jerky. The cooking surface and control on the pellet smoker was a game changer in how much I used it.

·
Gustafson
9,046 Posts
Well, I ordered my pellet grill at 6am Monday April 27. I still don't have a shipping confirmation. I am sure the beer virus has something to do with this, but this blows. :(

61 - 71 of 71 Posts