Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SlowBalt SS
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have the 6.4L dual turbo'd PowerStroke? If so what kind of Mileage are you getting? Pulling a trailer and not towing... I can't seem to break freaking 12mpg pulling a small window trailer.. 3,000lbs max. I drive an 08 F250 Supercab short bed 4x4.. Getting right now 10.2mpg in the city and on the highway... 40% city to 60% highway... Im gunna switch back over to the V10 if it doesn't get any better with mileage.. I could get atleast 12 with the V10.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Do you have the 6.4L dual turbo'd PowerStroke? If so what kind of Mileage are you getting? Pulling a trailer and not towing... I can't seem to break freaking 12mpg pulling a small window trailer.. 3,000lbs max. I drive an 08 F250 Supercab short bed 4x4.. Getting right now 10.2mpg in the city and on the highway... 40% city to 60% highway... Im gunna switch back over to the V10 if it doesn't get any better with mileage.. I could get atleast 12 with the V10.
I read some where that with all the emission laws that when Ford redesigned the new Powerstroke that they had to sacrifice the fuel mileage. I am sticking with my 2000 Super duty 7.3 Power stroke till they get the bugs all worked out. Then I am not sure which of the big three that I will go with.:(

·
SlowBalt SS
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its on its 3rd SET of injectors right now and Just rolled over 2k miles... This truck has got alot of power but You'll be at a light with your foot on the brake(auto) and it will just rev up.. I don't know i should of never sold my 96 Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel 12v... 20+ mpg and had enough power it was just the brakes sucked for hauling big loads..

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
Your decreased fuel economy and revving at idle is most likely from the diesel particulate filter regenerating. I would ask the guise over at the dieselstop to see what they're getting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts