Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found out yesterday that I am being sued at work:tonka:

To make a long story short a customer was having an ATV problem, I fixed it, I checked to make sure it ran good, it ran great and never had a problem in the 30+ minutes I drove it. Customer took it to an ATV rally and had no problems, called us and told us thanks because he had ridden it all weekend with no problems. He later had the same problem that was rider induced and now wants a new ATV.

The guy has no case as his story is full of holes and he flat out lies in his statement. He doesn't seem to remember that he called us and praised my work since it ran right for the first time ever. I hope I go to court.

·
keep your stick onthe ice
907 Posts
just have him killed people like that are whats wrong with the world

·
Registered
840 Posts
Get one of those T.V. court shows to take your case. Judge Judy will put the smack down on him in front of millions of people and make him look like an ass.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Get one of those T.V. court shows to take your case. Judge Judy will put the smack down on him in front of millions of people and make him look like an ass.
I second this. Then maybe countersue for something real like wasting your time, court costs, gas to drive to the court house?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was sued once... car vs. motorcycle... it took about 2 years to finally come to a close, turns out both of us were at fault and he settled the case with my insurance company for 99K my policy was for 100K so I was covered.... it's a long process getting it all sorted but they will probably get the depositions and see if he has a good case. If he doesn't but still wants to fight I'd say bring it on.. you can always make him look like an ass in court:tonka: ... Good Luck!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Another benefit to this route if you can get them interested in your case is that they will usually pay the loser's payment. Its chump change to the producers of the show because they make way more than $5K on advertising each episode.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Be a man, grow a backbone, notify the world that your a shitty, crooked mechanic that enjoys putting the screws to customers by doing shotty work. Then buy the guy you bent over a new ATV for christ sake. (Joking) The part that really sucks is that there really are crappy cocksuckers taking advantage of good people all the time. My neighbor got dicked on a roofing job, so he did what every other american would do and sued the guy. My neighbor won in court and the guy was supposed to pay him but guess how succesful he was in getting his money from a waterheaded roofer who mainly works under the table jobs.

·
web wheeling, hard.
6,774 Posts
been sued a number of times!

is he suing you as an individual or your company? is your company a corporation? small claims or civil court?

You will have to show in court or he will get a default judgement against you. But your objective at court is to show the customer's negligence.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
been sued a number of times!

is he suing you as an individual or your company? is your company a corporation? small claims or civil court?

You will have to show in court or he will get a default judgement against you. But your objective at court is to show the customer's negligence.
Well he is suing our Dealership based on what he claims is my ineptitude. He is also suing our sister dealer, where he originally purchased the atv, and Polaris Industries.

The case is an easy win as he is already caught in a lie. The case is pending in the Attorney General's Office right now. He clearly doesn't have a clue as to how bad it was to include us, as we have nothing better to do than to waste time driving around on our test course. He claims I never drove it to see if it was fixed but my coworker and I were both out at the same time testing, that's two eye witnesses to debunk his story.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Biggest trick in court is not to talk to much. Judge will ask questions and decide who he feels is telliing the truth. It sounds like this guy will run his mouth to convince the Judge he is a jerk.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts