Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boss is pissed at me for not handling a task that is completely outside of my scope and area of duties. And yet somehow he expects me to handle all future issues like this for the department. WTF?? Because someone wants to be fucking lazy I am not expected to take care of their job in addition to my own?

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts
And for the record my boss has got me believing that he and the company can't get by without me. :d:........I actually still believe it till this day. So why do I feel like a chump:(

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
8 hours work for 8 hours pay.. If they want to pay me to watch paint dry, I can do that.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
8 hours work for 8 hours pay.. If they want to pay me to watch paint dry, I can do that.
would you say the same thing if they cut your pay in half and then gave you 2 other peoples jobs to do in that same 8 hour period?

·
Registered
311 Posts
would you say the same thing if they cut your pay in half and then gave you 2 other peoples jobs to do in that same 8 hour period?
Do you refunded them the money you spend wasting time bitching about your job on GL4x4?

Cheers! :beer:

·
Yikes!
1,416 Posts
My boss is pissed at me for not handling a task that is completely outside of my scope and area of duties. And yet somehow he expects me to handle all future issues like this for the department. WTF?? Because someone wants to be fucking lazy I am not expected to take care of their job in addition to my own?

Does it involve FlexLM?

·
Thread killer
884 Posts
I had something like that happen a couple of weeks back... I walked out of the building, got in my car, and left a double patch through 2 gears on my way out.
The VP that set me off apologized to me, told me he was out of line and now life is back to normal. I say stand up for yourself.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had something like that happen a couple of weeks back... I walked out of the building, got in my car, and left a double patch through 2 gears on my way out.
The VP that set me off apologized to me, told me he was out of line and now life is back to normal. I say stand up for yourself.
I'm trying to get a minute with the other person. it's a misunderstanding of the knowledge/actions/items needed for the particular task.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
I don't think I have ever had a job in which I stay within my job description or duties.

No one owes me shit, so I do what I can to earn it.

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts

I wouldn't be too happy about the pay cut thing. But you can only do so much work in 8 hours. I give them 8 hours work (or what they perceive is 8 hours work).

If they gave me a task that was outside of what I am supposed to do, I would do it, then bitch that it wasn't my job. I wouldn't just not do it. I don't think you should be responsible for doing someone else's job if they are sitting on their ass. But times are tough, if they have the other worker doing something else, someone has to pick up the slack. If not, they find someone who will.

I am stuck at a desk job right now. I don't like it, but I do my best. I guess I could stop doing a decent job and they would find something else for me. It would probably reflect in my working conditions though.. :tonka:

·
Thread killer
884 Posts
I don't think I have ever had a job in which I stay within my job description or duties.

No one owes me shit, so I do what I can to earn it.
It's one thing to take initiative and work problems that aren't your own, it's another thing to get shit on for something that was out of your control and not your responsibility... I work my ass off for my pay too.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my problem in this particular case is the work I'm actually doing ( right now in the other browser tab :) ) is 10 times more important than the meaningless BS task they want me to do in the future.

·
propane evangelist
798 Posts
That's a good way to get fired. Seen it happen a few times.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,482 Posts
I never advanced up the ladder by saying "that's not my job". I advanced because I did what I needed to do to help make the company profitable.

Don't like your job? Look around. If you find something better, good for you. If not, appreciate what you have. I've got an inspector pissing and moaning right now because we need some parts checked asap. I'm about ready to tell him to go pick up a fucking broom & then he won't have a worry in the world. But........ I'll pay him accordingly.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts