Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
My Reality Check Bounced
887 Posts
Demonoid is a BitTorrent tracker. It was apparently set up by an anonymous Yugoslavian known only as Deimos[1]. The website indexes torrents uploaded by its members. These torrents can then be searched and the content shared using the peer to peer BitTorrent protocol. Demonoid is one of the largest BitTorrent trackers and its torrents are found on other BitTorrent search engines.

The website features a publicly accessible search engine, although membership is required to download more than 3 torrents per week or to download torrent files older than a few days. Registration is opened periodically when resources permit. Existing users have the ability to send invitation codes to others during closed registration.[2]

Demonoid does not technically require that its users maintain a good upload/download ratio, but encourages them to do so by automatically banning users who do not. This is done to prevent resources from being spent on 'non-contributing' users. However, if a user donates $5.00US, the donor's ratio is pushed up to 1.0 for a one month period. Demonoid does not disclose the specific amount of time or ratio number a user must have to be banned in order to prevent abuse of the banning system.

Demonoid categorizes torrents under either Anime, Applications, Audio Books, Books, Comics, Games, Miscellaneous, Movies, Music, Music Videos, Pictures, or TV. Many categories have various subcategories or divisions that allow a search to be more specific.

Demonoid features RSS with different feeds for each category and sub category to keep users aware of the latest torrent posted on the site.

Although Demonoid removed torrents over a year old on August 4, 2006 to free tracker resources, the site has over 194,836 user submitted torrents indexed as of August 24, 2007.

·
Custom User Title
8,287 Posts
Demonoid is a BitTorrent tracker. It was apparently set up by an anonymous Yugoslavian known only as Deimos[1]. The website indexes torrents uploaded by its members. These torrents can then be searched and the content shared using the peer to peer BitTorrent protocol. Demonoid is one of the largest BitTorrent trackers and its torrents are found on other BitTorrent search engines.

The website features a publicly accessible search engine, although membership is required to download more than 3 torrents per week or to download torrent files older than a few days. Registration is opened periodically when resources permit. Existing users have the ability to send invitation codes to others during closed registration.[2]

Demonoid does not technically require that its users maintain a good upload/download ratio, but encourages them to do so by automatically banning users who do not. This is done to prevent resources from being spent on 'non-contributing' users. However, if a user donates $5.00US, the donor's ratio is pushed up to 1.0 for a one month period. Demonoid does not disclose the specific amount of time or ratio number a user must have to be banned in order to prevent abuse of the banning system.

Demonoid categorizes torrents under either Anime, Applications, Audio Books, Books, Comics, Games, Miscellaneous, Movies, Music, Music Videos, Pictures, or TV. Many categories have various subcategories or divisions that allow a search to be more specific.

Demonoid features RSS with different feeds for each category and sub category to keep users aware of the latest torrent posted on the site.

Although Demonoid removed torrents over a year old on August 4, 2006 to free tracker resources, the site has over 194,836 user submitted torrents indexed as of August 24, 2007.
Yeah......

·
large member
677 Posts
You know what limewire is for music? Demonoid is sorta that for movies and other stuff.

Membership is invite only...except for free sign up days and I am just too impatient for that.
actually you can get movies off of limewire they are usually in avi format

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea, ukjeeper hookered me up.

Thanks.

My download will be done in 28 days. F-in slow torrents. At least I know it will be quality.

·
Registered
108 Posts
\:woot: :woot: Hi You!!:woot: :woot:

coming over to the gig again this year? our plates still hang on our garage doors!!:thumb: We still owe you some:beer: :thumb:

nope over for thanksgiving this year but i hope to plan better next year so you had better get the dates out soon so i can book the time off.....
or will i give you the dates and you can work the pig gig around me:tonka:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts