Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into that Rusty's 3" system with the 180 lb spring rate. Anybody use any Rusty's 3" full kit?
It's either that or I might go with the RE 3.5" SR system although I'm wondering what difference the control arms have on the stock ones, if they correct caster angle or not.

·
Bike Dude
2,103 Posts
I'm assuming XJ because of the spring rate.

ANy ways i've used booth, Rusty's does not come with lower control arms but it worked well for being on a budget. I added arms and a trac bar plus a budget boost and it works pretty well, good quality stuff.

Just installed the RE 3.5 SF on a friends XJ and it went together real nice, The arms are nice and do flex. The discos are slick also. The rear leaf pack is still settling but would work well with after market bumpers.

Booth are really nice, but the Re is nicer

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts
I had Rusty's full suspension 6" lift. It was a very good setup. Did not have any issues what so ever. Rear leafs never sagged on me unlike skycraps did. I think Hal has my old lift on one of his XJ's still.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'm going to get LCAs with that kit no matter what. I'm just afraid of the "you get what you pay for" again. I know RE is gonna be better because it is like $200 more for the kit without including cost of shocks. Now the question is if a new trackbar is needed with that or not and what is better for the money.
Keep in mind said XJ will not be seeing any rock crawling or huge amounts of off-roading.

·
GLFWDA member
2,674 Posts
i have a rustys 3" in my xj. it works great, im in the process of adding more lift cause 3" is too short, but i would probably buy from rustys again.

if you get it, spend the extra $$$ for the full spring pack, the AAL's kinda suck

if your in utica, im around there alot, you could take a look at the stuff if you wanted

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.